• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bishopryan

Bishopryan

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:42 AM

Comparing the last sell price of a card in your collection is a true test to the going rate for what you own but I'd love to see an average of the last 5 sales or even an average for the year. This way I can make a comparison to the average retail rather than the lucky guy who got a steal because it was a short aution or the guy who over paid a ton because he was completing a set. How many times have we lucked out at 3 in the morning while everyone else was sleeping....... or am I just too obsessive :lol:

I've seen a typical card go for 500-600 in its last 5 auctions but happened to sell this time around at 190 because it was the middle of the night or the same card bring 800 because of a heavy buyer. This way we can look at the average going rate across the board or for the YTD to see how things progress as a whole over time. This would just give us another benchmark to truely gauge the going rate and also to make a collective comparison of our cost to the average real value of what we own.

I hate making suggestions to a great site like this but I thought I'd throw it out there.

#2 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:40 AM

Hi Bishop,

This is actually already on our to-do list. Card profiles are going to have an average calculated, and it will be on the last 5 sales. Are you psychic or what? ;)

We'll also be creating a "user preferences" tool to be able to choose if you want you collections to show the value as either last card sold, or average.

So no worries, it's already on the way. Thank you for your input and please feel free to make more suggestions.

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

#3 Bishopryan

Bishopryan

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

This is great I'll keep my eyes open for it

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users