• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FYS

FYS

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

Why is this sale in the database when it was a private sale e.g. not in a public auction format?

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:54 AM

There was enough public information to verify that the sale and price are correct. This is the key card in the hobby and felt it was worthy of including the sale in the database. It is also noted in the EXTRA field that it was not an auction format but a private sale. If another card of similar status sells in the same format we would do the same, but don't think that is going to happen in the near future.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 FYS

FYS

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

There was enough public information to verify that the sale and price are correct. This is the key card in the hobby and felt it was worthy of including the sale in the database. It is also noted in the EXTRA field that it was not an auction format but a private sale. If another card of similar status sells in the same format we would do the same, but don't think that is going to happen in the near future.

You do not consider the $240K Nagurski a significant enough private/public sale to include?

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

You do not consider the $240K Nagurski a significant enough private/public sale to include?

When that sale occurred we where not tracking football cards at the time. If you can give me the specifics and a link to an article to confirm will gladly post it in the same manner.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#5 FYS

FYS

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:06 PM

When that sale occurred we where not tracking football cards at the time. If you can give me the specifics and a link to an article to confirm will gladly post it in the same manner.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-21-2006/0004401404&EDATE=

#6 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the link FYS and it is now added to the site.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users