6 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

We have now implemented a new solution for the links on eBay that disappear after 60 days or so. You will now see a "View Auction" and "View Image" link under the "Auction Link" column. After 6 Months the "View Auction" link will drop because it is not viewable on eBay in most cases. The "View Image" card is pulled from the auction as soon as it has ended and is the card that was sold. From now on there will always be something there for you to see and compare.

Example:

http://www.vintageca...f...=4&grdr=PSA

Regards,

Team VCP
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#2 TGF_Sports

TGF_Sports

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

We have now implemented a new solution for the links on eBay that disappear after 60 days or so. You will now see a "View Auction" and "View Image" link under the "Auction Link" column. After 6 Months the "View Auction" link will drop because it is not viewable on eBay in most cases. The "View Image" card is pulled from the auction as soon as it has ended and is the card that was sold. From now on there will always be something there for you to see and compare.

Example:

<a href="http://www.vintagecardprices.com/card-prof...=4&grdr=PSA" target="_blank">http://www.vintagecardprices.com/card-prof...=4&grdr=PSA</a>

Regards,

Team VCP

Doh! Web page cannot be found at the above link today.

Just curious how many people asked for this enhancement? Would really like to see your development team focus on requested fixes or enhancements, rather than other features. Maybe, based on the additional revenue we are creating for this site by utilizing pass-through links.

Cheers,
Michael

TGF Sports

#3 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

Doh! Web page cannot be found at the above link today.

Just curious how many people asked for this enhancement? Would really like to see your development team focus on requested fixes or enhancements, rather than other features. Maybe, based on the additional revenue we are creating for this site by utilizing pass-through links.

Cheers,
Michael

TGF Sports

Mike,

There must be something wrong with your browser because the above link works fine. And I am sorry if you feel we are not advancing or developing the site to your liking. We are adding new features all the time and trying our best to make everyone happy. We really do not get very many requests for changes and have a lot more to go to have a finished product. What areas are you speaking of that you think we are lacking?

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#4 TGF_Sports

TGF_Sports

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

Mike,

There must be something wrong with your browser because the above link works fine. And I am sorry if you feel we are not advancing or developing the site to your liking. We are adding new features all the time and trying our best to make everyone happy. We really do not get very many requests for changes and have a lot more to go to have a finished product. What areas are you speaking of that you think we are lacking?

Bobby

Bobby,

The link in your initial post is not working for me: http://www.vintageca...f...=4&grdr=PSA
The link in the 2nd reply box is working correctly for the Ray Demmitt card.

I have a number of requests for fixes, enhancements, and sets listed in the various forums. Please review.

What I would like to see out of this site, is the ability to abandon my excel spreadsheet system which contains 1,000s of graded cards. It is a very simple excel with a tab for each set, the number, player, grade, variation, serial number, and cost on each line. All possible with this site, but still requires a number of mouse clicks to mimic what I can do with a single line of data entry in excel. What the site provides in historical value, and notification of new auctions is wonderful. And, adding additional auctions for data points is helpful. But certain issues are very frustrating. The inability to see BIN auctions is painful. If you are not including certain sellers (4SC, DSL, 707), because they dump there price, well I just don't understand. I have purchased from them all before, because they had a card I needed to complete my set. Until you include all ebay auctions on this site, I will always search there before I search here. Which means this site will not always get my pass-through clicks.

MG

#5 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

Bobby,

The link in your initial post is not working for me: http://www.vintagecardprices.com/card-prof...=4&grdr=PSA
The link in the 2nd reply box is working correctly for the Ray Demmitt card.

I have a number of requests for fixes, enhancements, and sets listed in the various forums. Please review.

What I would like to see out of this site, is the ability to abandon my excel spreadsheet system which contains 1,000s of graded cards. It is a very simple excel with a tab for each set, the number, player, grade, variation, serial number, and cost on each line. All possible with this site, but still requires a number of mouse clicks to mimic what I can do with a single line of data entry in excel. What the site provides in historical value, and notification of new auctions is wonderful. And, adding additional auctions for data points is helpful. But certain issues are very frustrating. The inability to see BIN auctions is painful. If you are not including certain sellers (4SC, DSL, 707), because they dump there price, well I just don't understand. I have purchased from them all before, because they had a card I needed to complete my set. Until you include all ebay auctions on this site, I will always search there before I search here. Which means this site will not always get my pass-through clicks.

MG

Mike,

We list 1000's of auctions for 4sc, DSL and 707 and do not avoid them at all, I don't know where that came from at all. We have been working on some new technology the past four months now trying to get it to work properly that will allow us to provide you the BIN results as well. We are very close to getting it completed and in the site. The Time frame it will take us to add the nearly 100,000 live auctions currently is another matter. We could of added it already but it would just clutter the system with a lot of overpriced auctions and would piss off a lot of other members.

Regards,

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#6 TGF_Sports

TGF_Sports

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:24 PM

Mike,

We list 1000's of auctions for 4sc, DSL and 707 and do not avoid them at all, I don't know where that came from at all. We have been working on some new technology the past four months now trying to get it to work properly that will allow us to provide you the BIN results as well. We are very close to getting it completed and in the site. The Time frame it will take us to add the nearly 100,000 live auctions currently is another matter. We could of added it already but it would just clutter the system with a lot of overpriced auctions and would piss off a lot of other members.

Regards,

Bobby

Bobby,

As long as you believe your team is doing everything to make this site better for all of the subcribers, I am all for the updates that are being provided. We use this site in so many different ways. I have made my requests known in forums and emails. As long as there is progress and change, I will continue to subscribe.

Michael

#7 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:48 PM

Bobby,

As long as you believe your team is doing everything to make this site better for all of the subcribers, I am all for the updates that are being provided. We use this site in so many different ways. I have made my requests known in forums and emails. As long as there is progress and change, I will continue to subscribe.

Michael

Mike,

We are working hard all the time to make the site better for everybody. Just because we have not implemented your request yet does not mean we are not going to do it. We have a list of about 50 different things we want to incorporate. The bad thing is we have been working on one thing for 4 months now and we are very close to getting it completed and that will include the BIN's. In the 16 months we have been in operation there have been constant changes to the site. We listen to the members needs and try our hardest to make them happen.

Regards,

Team VCP
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users