• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mwieder

mwieder

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

1) If the search results are a 1 item list (such as when you search for 'Mathewson' and only Christy Mathewson exists) take the user automatically to the page listing the cards. There's no other choice to be made there and if it's the wrong name, it will be clear to the user once they get to the card listings page anyway.
2) From the page viewing a single card, the players name should be a hotlink to the cards for that player, just like the set name is a hotlink to the cards in that set.
3) In the pages listings the cards, the fields should be click-sortable. I should be able to sort either by name or by card # in a set for example. Or, perhaps I want to see which are the HOF cards from that set. Maybe I want to see which cards you have pricing data on, etc.

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

1) If the search results are a 1 item list (such as when you search for 'Mathewson' and only Christy Mathewson exists) take the user automatically to the page listing the cards. There's no other choice to be made there and if it's the wrong name, it will be clear to the user once they get to the card listings page anyway.
2) From the page viewing a single card, the players name should be a hotlink to the cards for that player, just like the set name is a hotlink to the cards in that set.
3) In the pages listings the cards, the fields should be click-sortable. I should be able to sort either by name or by card # in a set for example. Or, perhaps I want to see which are the HOF cards from that set. Maybe I want to see which cards you have pricing data on, etc.

Point 1: There are very few names that are singular in the site so I hope it is not that big of a deal for the members.

Point 2 & 3: Are very good and we will work on including this into the site. At the moment we are very busy with a long list of new features. So bear with us we will get there in time.

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 mwieder

mwieder

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:00 PM

Point 1: There are very few names that are singular in the site so I hope it is not that big of a deal for the members.

Point 2 & 3: Are very good and we will work on including this into the site. At the moment we are very busy with a long list of new features. So bear with us we will get there in time.

Bobby

Bobby thanks. I think the situation in point 1 comes up more often then you think (and it should be trivial for your web developers to add). It's not just on names (although Cobb, Ruth, Gehrig, Mathewson, etc - there are plenty that only have 1 player) but also when I look for a set - say T200 - there is only 1 T200 - I don't need to then pick T200 from a list.

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

Your suggestions are all now live in the site...

1. Now when you do a search for a name and it is the only one goes right to their cards..

2. When you are in the set profile page you on the top header Card#, Player name, photo, HOF are clickable and sort cards in order.

3. Now when you are in a set looking at a players card the players name is a hot link that with take you to a complete list of his cards.

Thanks for the great ideas and please give us more so we can make the site better for everyone.

Bobby & Carlos
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#5 mwieder

mwieder

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:59 AM

Your suggestions are all now live in the site...

1. Now when you do a search for a name and it is the only one goes right to their cards..

2. When you are in the set profile page you on the top header Card#, Player name, photo, HOF are clickable and sort cards in order.

3. Now when you are in a set looking at a players card the players name is a hot link that with take you to a complete list of his cards.

Thanks for the great ideas and please give us more so we can make the site better for everyone.

Bobby & Carlos

Fantastic - good work.

#6 abravefan11

abravefan11

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:42 AM

Are there plans to use the average price of the last 5 auctions as the "Value" in the "My Collection" section, rather than just the last auction recorded?

Love the site, thanks.

#7 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:33 AM

Here is what we have in the works..

We are going to set it so that when there is 5 auctions in one calendar year it will throw out the high and low price and average the 3 and post that value in the grid. When there are 10 it will take the 2 high and 2 lows out and average the remaining 6. Also on the grid page there will be arrow indicators for each grade that will indicate if a cards price is increasing or decreasing.

As you should know by know we are tracking BIN's and Best Offers these will only show in the grid if it is a one of a kind sale. Otherwise they will not be factored into the price structure. As well when you are looking at the price information page of a card there is a pull down on the right side that lets you see these results or not.

This in one of three new things we are working on to improve the site and hope to have implemented in the near future.

Bobby & Carlos
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#8 abravefan11

abravefan11

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

That all sounds great. Thanks for the response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users