• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Griffins

Griffins

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Set collector-T200, Cracker Jacks, '06 Fan Craze, T218, T118, Sport Kings, '41 Goudey and Playball, '48 Leaf, '58 Bell Brand, '58 Hires Test, pre '59 unopened packs, uncut sheets and panels. Probably other stuff too.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, but what about some sort of "request sets" function? You guys could have a list of what users are looking for, rather than guessing. Also a "add listing" to those "sets"that aren't completely listed. I really like having unopened packs on here but there are a whole lot that are not listed, and I'd like to add them to "my collection" and await realized prices.

Also, any chance of having the '33 Sport Kings listing all together? As it is now you have to get Cobb, Hubbell and Ruth in the baseball section, then go to Football to get those players, then Basketball, then Boxing, etc etc. It would be great if the entire set appeared in one section, like it does on the CU registry.

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:54 AM

We are always open to adding new sets and when ever they have been requested in the past do so quickly, I believe you have made some as well and we accomodated?

In regards to having all the Sport Kings in one section the problem is now when a person does a search for a player not all of their cards will show in that search. So if I am doing a Thorpe search in the Football section his SK card will be missing, you get the point. If you are creating a group in your My Collection or Want List you can add cards from any section and they will all be together as one set there.

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 Griffins

Griffins

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Set collector-T200, Cracker Jacks, '06 Fan Craze, T218, T118, Sport Kings, '41 Goudey and Playball, '48 Leaf, '58 Bell Brand, '58 Hires Test, pre '59 unopened packs, uncut sheets and panels. Probably other stuff too.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to paint you as unresponsive to subscriber requests- on the contrary every suggestion I"ve ever made (and I've probably made 2 or 3 dozen) was implemented in 48 hours or less- often much less. I just thought that as the site continues to grow and you keep adding features it will become impossible to always be so on top of requests, and having an appropriate place to list them might be beneficial so you know what users are looking for when you do have time to get to them.
Understood about the SK set, that makes sense.

We are always open to adding new sets and when ever they have been requested in the past do so quickly, I believe you have made some as well and we accomodated?

In regards to having all the Sport Kings in one section the problem is now when a person does a search for a player not all of their cards will show in that search. So if I am doing a Thorpe search in the Football section his SK card will be missing, you get the point. If you are creating a group in your My Collection or Want List you can add cards from any section and they will all be together as one set there.

Bobby

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:05 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to paint you as unresponsive to subscriber requests- on the contrary every suggestion I"ve ever made (and I've probably made 2 or 3 dozen) was implemented in 48 hours or less- often much less. I just thought that as the site continues to grow and you keep adding features it will become impossible to always be so on top of requests, and having an appropriate place to list them might be beneficial so you know what users are looking for when you do have time to get to them.
Understood about the SK set, that makes sense.

Going to start a new section in the forums asking members for sets they would like to see in the site. I have asked constantly in the past and any member can click the contact button and make requests if they don't want to post it in the forums.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users