Site being slow

28 replies to this topic

#21 teddytouch

teddytouch

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

I'd settle for sloe,NOTHING iscoming up, please credit at LEAST one day of subsription to my account

#22 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

Ok guys it's fixed now. Please have a look around and report any problems if you will.

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

#23 troyjilot

troyjilot

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:45 AM

Czar,

You're right, this is unacceptable and we're trying to uncover the issue as I type this. When making a big move such as this, there will be problems and we've been fixing them all day. Unfortunately a short while ago I realized certain user types only see a blank page on the most important pages. This is a huge problem that should've been the first to be fixed and would've been had we realized it sooner. I'm very sorry for this and you will be compensated.

Update to come shortly.

The IT team at VCP needs to create outage windows when their customers least use their services. My guess is between Midnight CST and 7 AM CST on Wednesdays. Lowest sale time on Ebay. Any and all of your changes should go through at those times. If you need to alter service outside of the prescribed time you must contact your customers or redirect your home page for the short while it is down. There are many affordable options here. IT guys and gals work odd hours for outages and it is part of the business.

#24 theczar

theczar

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

mr cepedes,
thank you for your response. i hope you have a peaceful thanksgiving.

regards,
fjm

#25 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hi Troy,

We actually did work within a frame of time in which activity is at its lowest. Unfortunately unseen issues arose during the times when folks are on so it became an inconvenience for those who were on yesterday and for that we sincerely apologize. Since my last update to Czar yesterday, all has been functioning well and much better than ever before now that we're on our new server. Thank goodness for that because now I can enjoy my free-range, non-antibiotically enhanced, non-hormone injected Turkey today! :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The IT team at VCP needs to create outage windows when their customers least use their services. My guess is between Midnight CST and 7 AM CST on Wednesdays. Lowest sale time on Ebay. Any and all of your changes should go through at those times. If you need to alter service outside of the prescribed time you must contact your customers or redirect your home page for the short while it is down. There are many affordable options here. IT guys and gals work odd hours for outages and it is part of the business.

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

#26 onegaucho

onegaucho

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:1950 Bowman

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

now the site is logging me out all the time so i cant perform any searches. very frustrating. cant even say that the site is slow.... thsi is ridiculous. the boards are flooded with complaints about the site - good thing i even bothered to check here to find out that the servers were being "upgraded" (or whatever). most people didnt even know any maintenance was going on and were very frustrated as well. do we have a timeframe for when this will all be resolved?
Collecting: Anything related to 1950 Bowman

#27 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

Gaucho,

Keep in mind that only one user can access the account at one time. So if you are letting another person using your account it will do this to you.

As far as upgrading the server that has been completed and most everything is back to normal, just a few minor things that need to be fixed/
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#28 onegaucho

onegaucho

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

Keep in mind that only one user can access the account at one time. So if you are letting another person using your account it will do this to you.

so is this allowed? i hadnt thought about doing so until now. i figured out the issue on my end - it had nothing to do with 'sharing' accounts but with proxy server issues on my end.

#29 onegaucho

onegaucho

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

fyi
site is still really slow for me. oh well. thx anyways.

Reply to this topic

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users