3 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Some of you may have noticed a change to our grid today since we have gone live with it about an hour ago. Now for most slots you will see 3 Numbers:

The Top Green number is the HIGH sale.

The Middle Brown is the average.

The Red bottom is the low sale.

These numbers are all based off the last 12 months of sales. If you see only a single line in a slot then that means there was only a single sale or one has not sold in the past year and that price is for the last sold.

Now our averaging is being done a little different, it is based off up to the last 1o sales within the year. Rules are the following.

1-4 Sales: Is a straight average of the 4.
5-9 Sales: The high and low sales are omitted and the balance is averaged out.
10 Sales: The 2 high and 2 low sales are omitted and the balance is averaged out.

On the grid you will also see by the grade number a Red down arrow or a Green up arrow. This is just showing you the trend of that card. Keep in mind we are still working on this function and is not perfect yet.

As of right now this new price system is only in this section. After finishing this area we will move the results to show in your My Collection giving you a much more accurate picture if the value of your collection.

Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions...we realize this is a big change and we hope for the better.

Team VCP
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#2 mwieder

mwieder

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

Bobby - there seems to be some other behavior as well - one of the cards I was checking (it's one that I PMed you as missing an ebay sale last week) is showing a current ebay fixed price listing as a "sold" price in the grid, even though it has not sold for that price.

#3 chris rainey

chris rainey

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Cleveland type-collector. Most recent additions were 3 Cameo Pepsin pins including a Nig Cuppy PSA 6.<br />Also working on a 1960 Topps set that will grade out at 7+.<br />My current &quot;Holy Grail&quot; would be a Ray Chapman card from the 1917 cards. I always seem to get outbid on these.

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:42 AM

I got my cards back from SCG that I submitted at the national. My T202 Johnson/Street came back as a 50and I looked at the trend for this in the PSA( 4) column. The price has actually gone from a low in the 290's late last year to a price in the $300's most recently. So, in the last year the price has gone up. Yet there is a down arrow. Is the trend only for the last year or for all the sales recorded. ( if that's the case, then the card is definiately headed down).

Also happy to say I got back an E121-80 Jim Bagby that graded out an 84. Anyone know the best grade on one of these.Nothing over 80 has been sold lately.

Some of you may have noticed a change to our grid today since we have gone live with it about an hour ago. Now for most slots you will see 3 Numbers:

The Top Green number is the HIGH sale.

The Middle Brown is the average.

The Red bottom is the low sale.

These numbers are all based off the last 12 months of sales. If you see only a single line in a slot then that means there was only a single sale or one has not sold in the past year and that price is for the last sold.

Now our averaging is being done a little different, it is based off up to the last 1o sales within the year. Rules are the following.

1-4 Sales: Is a straight average of the 4.
5-9 Sales: The high and low sales are omitted and the balance is averaged out.
10 Sales: The 2 high and 2 low sales are omitted and the balance is averaged out.

On the grid you will also see by the grade number a Red down arrow or a Green up arrow. This is just showing you the trend of that card. Keep in mind we are still working on this function and is not perfect yet.

As of right now this new price system is only in this section. After finishing this area we will move the results to show in your My Collection giving you a much more accurate picture if the value of your collection.

Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions...we realize this is a big change and we hope for the better.

Team VCP

#4 mwieder

mwieder

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

I got my cards back from SCG that I submitted at the national. My T202 Johnson/Street came back as a 50and I looked at the trend for this in the PSA( 4) column. The price has actually gone from a low in the 290's late last year to a price in the $300's most recently. So, in the last year the price has gone up. Yet there is a down arrow. Is the trend only for the last year or for all the sales recorded. ( if that's the case, then the card is definiately headed down).

Also happy to say I got back an E121-80 Jim Bagby that graded out an 84. Anyone know the best grade on one of these.Nothing over 80 has been sold lately.

Chris - it's free to check trhe SGC population reports - if you don't already have a login, you can create one and you'll also be able to monitor the status of future submissions online.

Bobby - I assume you guys are seeing the same issues I am, but if not, there's another one I just found with the new grid - check out a PSA 4 1915 CJ Honus Wagner.

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (2)