9 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

It has been a couple of weeks now that we have moved to our new server and wanted to see how it is working for all the members. Do you see a big difference in speed for your searches and no more spinning wheels? Members have no problems posting in this forum when something is wrong. Please post if you are experience the site running much better then before or if not, of course.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

I guess no one cares or not getting faster service? So then is is okay if we move back to the old server and save a fortune it is costing us to have this one?
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 blue227

blue227

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

I guess no one cares or not getting faster service? So then is is okay if we move back to the old server and save a fortune it is costing us to have this one?

I am using VCP again after avoiding it for a while since i was unable to complete any searches (as documented in my previous posts). I hate to say this but I have found the search speeds to vary signficantly btwn lighting fast and molasses slow. For example, I just tried to do a search for Bazooka singles. I was able to get specific prices for the 1965 set but the server locked up when I tried a search for 1963. Any ideas why this is happening?

#4 blue227

blue227

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

I am using VCP again after avoiding it for a while since i was unable to complete any searches (as documented in my previous posts). I hate to say this but I have found the search speeds to vary signficantly btwn lighting fast and molasses slow. For example, I just tried to do a search for Bazooka singles. I was able to get specific prices for the 1965 set but the server locked up when I tried a search for 1963. Any ideas why this is happening?

I might have figured out why i've been having problems with the VCP website....

My default browser is Firefox. On a whim, i tried to search the VCP site using IE and haven't had any problems. I jumped back to Firefox to see if it might have been a server problem but, sure enough, it seems to have been a browser problem.

I guess if i want the VCP website to work for me that i will have to remember to use IE since, for whatever reason, Firefox gets bogged down during searches.

#5 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

I might have figured out why i've been having problems with the VCP website....

My default browser is Firefox. On a whim, i tried to search the VCP site using IE and haven't had any problems. I jumped back to Firefox to see if it might have been a server problem but, sure enough, it seems to have been a browser problem.

I guess if i want the VCP website to work for me that i will have to remember to use IE since, for whatever reason, Firefox gets bogged down during searches.

That is strange I am on a Mac and use FF all the time and don't get the slow down. I guess is is different dependent on your operating system. They don't make IE for us anymore so I can not compare. Either way you found what works best for you so no more frustration and thanks for responding.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#6 SCoffey251

SCoffey251

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

It has been a couple of weeks now that we have moved to our new server and wanted to see how it is working for all the members. Do you see a big difference in speed for your searches and no more spinning wheels? Members have no problems posting in this forum when something is wrong. Please post if you are experience the site running much better then before or if not, of course.

I think it really moves fast now. Thank you for the improvements.

#7 ld_ferg

ld_ferg

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

the search appears to be faster today. i hope it continues

#8 cameocards

cameocards

• Silver Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

I'm new to VCP. It didn't work at all the first couple of days after I joined. Frustrated, you bet! Recently, I have had no problems and it has been a great help. I have used both IE ad FF. I hope to be able to provide constructive suggestions as I become more familiar with the site.

#9 akurtis

akurtis

• Silver Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:50 PM

I'm finding the searches go faster as well. Thanks!

#10 frankbmd

frankbmd

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Collection:Vintage cards and sets.
    Utilize primarily BVG for grading.
    BVG graded cards may be viewed at Beckett Set Registry.
    T206, T205, Goudey, Playball, 53 Bowman, 56 Topps Baseball, 57 Topps Football, etc...........

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

Firefox and MacBook Pro = No problem

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (2)