9 replies to this topic

#1 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:24 PM

We have made a lot of new additions and changes to the website over the past few weeks. I think the card flipper that shows on sets and player searches is a great addition. Also if you have not noticed in the My Collections it now tells you how many cards you have. As well now on the grade/grader search you can now choose between value for last sold or the average. In the past few months we have done some major upgrades by moving to a faster server and making the grid far superior in the information you get.

It would be really nice if some of you could at least make some comments or posts on the improvements we have done in a very short period of time. It seems like whenever the smallest thing goes wrong we are all over the other boards being blasted. Please we would like to know what you think about the new VCP and what you think we should do in the future.

Much appreciated,

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#2 mwieder

mwieder

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

Some feedback:
1) The keyword search is a HUGE feature improvement.
2) The "card flipper" doesn't do much for me - I came to the site mostly for pricing.
3) The grid still has some issues showing inaccurate information. In some places values show on the grid, but when clicked on, no actual sales are recorded. In other cases, values show on the grid as a single sales point, but in fact they are average sales. When a grid value is an average, it shouldn't show the same as an actual sale at a particular price.
4) On the set overview page, add the ability to search by grade irrespective of the grading company - if I need to know what a 4 has sold for, I'd like to see SGC 50s, PSA 4s and BVG 4s without having to do 3 searches.

#3 penguins

penguins

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

Is there a way to disable the card flipper thing, or block it from running when the page loads. Is there a text version with less stuff going on? I'm just here to search for prices and waiting for the cartoons to load really slows down the process. The searches were faster with the new server change, now it's slowed down waiting for the card flipper. It's cute and all, if that's what you were going for, but I'd prefer spending less time waiting for the pricing data I come here to see.

Some feedback:
1) The keyword search is a HUGE feature improvement.
2) The "card flipper" doesn't do much for me - I came to the site mostly for pricing.
3) The grid still has some issues showing inaccurate information. In some places values show on the grid, but when clicked on, no actual sales are recorded. In other cases, values show on the grid as a single sales point, but in fact they are average sales. When a grid value is an average, it shouldn't show the same as an actual sale at a particular price.
4) On the set overview page, add the ability to search by grade irrespective of the grading company - if I need to know what a 4 has sold for, I'd like to see SGC 50s, PSA 4s and BVG 4s without having to do 3 searches.

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

Penguins,

Click on the collapse button on the bottom right side of CF and it will remain closed until you decide to open it again.

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#5 robbiegiggs

robbiegiggs

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Collection:Pete Rose Basic and Master Set
    Alex Rodriguez Master Set
    Ernie Banks Basic Set
    Key Rookies

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

Hi Bobby,

• The keyword search is a great improvement for me since I mainly use the site for pricing.
  • The speed of the site seems to be a common complaint but I really don't see it. I think the speed of the site is fine.
  • The flip thru feature is pretty cool but I don't think I will use it much. Maybe as time goes on, I'll use it more but we'lll have to see.
I think the biggest thing that we need to point out (coming from me, the user) is that you guys ARE making improvements. I don't think there is one site on the face of the World Wide Web that is perfect right off the bat. It takes time for these improvements and you guys are doing it. That's the most important thing I'd like to see, and again, I do.

Now, I'm still hoping you will offer the set/player sponsor program so us users can help out to get more scans in your system. I realize the users aren't liable to help but I sure wish more people would step up and help. I think it's a great opportunity you are offering.

thanks

Robert
http://www.sportscardstop.com

http://www.psacard.com/SetRegistry/publishedset.aspx?s=14524

#6 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hi Bobby,

• The keyword search is a great improvement for me since I mainly use the site for pricing.
  • The speed of the site seems to be a common complaint but I really don't see it. I think the speed of the site is fine.
  • The flip thru feature is pretty cool but I don't think I will use it much. Maybe as time goes on, I'll use it more but we'lll have to see.
I think the biggest thing that we need to point out (coming from me, the user) is that you guys ARE making improvements. I don't think there is one site on the face of the World Wide Web that is perfect right off the bat. It takes time for these improvements and you guys are doing it. That's the most important thing I'd like to see, and again, I do.

Now, I'm still hoping you will offer the set/player sponsor program so us users can help out to get more scans in your system. I realize the users aren't liable to help but I sure wish more people would step up and help. I think it's a great opportunity you are offering.

thanks

Robert

Thanks for the comments we are always trying to push the site forward and still have a long ways to go to get where we want to be with the site. We will get the sponsor program going and have it on our to do list along with numerous other ideas. More then anything we want to try to create a community here but are finding it very hard. We have a great forum board but very few people participate. Any ideas on how to get people more involved and active, we are open to any suggestions?

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#7 mcap100176

mcap100176

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the comments we are always trying to push the site forward and still have a long ways to go to get where we want to be with the site. We will get the sponsor program going and have it on our to do list along with numerous other ideas. More then anything we want to try to create a community here but are finding it very hard. We have a great forum board but very few people participate. Any ideas on how to get people more involved and active, we are open to any suggestions?

Bobby

I think the best way to get more people involved in the forum is to create a Buy/Sell/Trade. No links to Ebay or auction sites - just for members of VCP.

Somehow have MY COLLECTION be public (if the user wants it to be) and a search function within this forum (or whatever they want public). So then I can find the T206 Cobb SGC 40 that I might want from a fellow VCP user where we both know the pricing history and don't have to deal with other forum & Ebay users that inflate prices.

Thoughts?

#8 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

I think the best way to get more people involved in the forum is to create a Buy/Sell/Trade. No links to Ebay or auction sites - just for members of VCP.

Somehow have MY COLLECTION be public (if the user wants it to be) and a search function within this forum (or whatever they want public). So then I can find the T206 Cobb SGC 40 that I might want from a fellow VCP user where we both know the pricing history and don't have to deal with other forum & Ebay users that inflate prices.

Thoughts?

That is very similar to something we plan on doing in the near future. I can't go into details and let the cat out of the bag but we are going to make a system to make it easy for members to sell and trade their cards.

Thanks,

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#9 robbiegiggs

robbiegiggs

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Collection:Pete Rose Basic and Master Set
    Alex Rodriguez Master Set
    Ernie Banks Basic Set
    Key Rookies

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

I like this buy/sell/trade feature all of you are talking about so i'm excited to see what Bobby has coming.

Bobby, i might have mentioned this to you in a past post but I'd like to see additional market statistics about what cards are hot. What's hot by player, by quantity, by price, by grade, etc... You have all the auction data getting fed into your system, I'd like to see more of it and in different formats.

As a seller, I'm looking for any kind of information that would help me determine what to put in my store outside of the obvious players. This would get myself and probably others checking VCP more often and in turn getting more active in the forums.
http://www.sportscardstop.com

http://www.psacard.com/SetRegistry/publishedset.aspx?s=14524

#10 BcD

BcD

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

I like this buy/sell/trade feature all of you are talking about so i'm excited to see what Bobby has coming.

Bobby, i might have mentioned this to you in a past post but I'd like to see additional market statistics about what cards are hot. What's hot by player, by quantity, by price, by grade, etc... You have all the auction data getting fed into your system, I'd like to see more of it and in different formats.

As a seller, I'm looking for any kind of information that would help me determine what to put in my store outside of the obvious players. This would get myself and probably others checking VCP more often and in turn getting more active in the forums.

The daily list of what sold for new highs and what sold for new recorded lows is very helpful!
I love that addition Bobby!

Reply to this topic

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users