• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vtfb31

vtfb31

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

I have noticed that some of the auctions don't end up being reported on the site. For example, someone bought a 1984 Steve Young for $4,000 the other day, but it has not been updated on this site. Is there some type of criteria that you go by or is it just to much info to retrieve? Just curious. Thanks.

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Give me a link to the auction and we can tell you why?

I have noticed that some of the auctions don't end up being reported on the site. For example, someone bought a 1984 Steve Young for $4,000 the other day, but it has not been updated on this site. Is there some type of criteria that you go by or is it just to much info to retrieve? Just curious. Thanks.

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 vtfb31

vtfb31

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Give me a link to the auction and we can tell you why?

Bobby, the auction closed on April 29 on EBAY. The person who bought it has no feedback and it was a Buy It NOW. I am not sure if this helps, but if you look at the advanced search for ended items you can easily find it.

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

Must be a store item and not a timed auction. We pull all new auctions 3 times a day to add to our queue and then they are checked every 15 minutes there after to see if they have closed and sold.

Bobby, the auction closed on April 29 on EBAY. The person who bought it has no feedback and it was a Buy It NOW. I am not sure if this helps, but if you look at the advanced search for ended items you can easily find it.

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#5 vtfb31

vtfb31

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Must be a store item and not a timed auction. We pull all new auctions 3 times a day to add to our queue and then they are checked every 15 minutes there after to see if they have closed and sold.

So, Bobby, does this mean you will add the 1984 PSA Steve Young sale for $3,999 or not. I am new and still learning about the site. Thanks, For your help. Nice site.

#6 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Just give me a link or the eBay ID# and I will gladly find out why it is missing and fix it or add which ever it may be.

So, Bobby, does this mean you will add the 1984 PSA Steve Young sale for $3,999 or not. I am new and still learning about the site. Thanks, For your help. Nice site.

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#7 vtfb31

vtfb31

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Just give me a link or the eBay ID# and I will gladly find out why it is missing and fix it or add which ever it may be.

Here you go Bobby:

1984 Steve Young PSA 10 $3,999.

Just thought I would let you know. This seems pretty significant and a big time item.

#8 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

This is in our system and the seller listed it as a BIN for 30 days. The problem we have is on the eBay side because the feed we get from them won't be final until the full term of the auction expires. So when that finally happens then it will post to the website.

Here you go Bobby:

1984 Steve Young PSA 10 $3,999.

Just thought I would let you know. This seems pretty significant and a big time item.

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#9 tfcs

tfcs

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

Hi Bobby, I searched keywords and FAQs but didn't see this discussed although I'm sure it must have been brought up at some point in the past.

You mention above that it must have been a store item. Why is it that you do not include store sales in the pricing? Is it because of a technical issue, or are they excluded for a reason? Was the intent of the site to track auction/wholesale prices? As a store seller I get asked this often and figured I'd go directly to the source.

thanks for your time.

#10 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

On a regular auction there is a time set to end and our system checks it and posts the result. BIN auction are the same but we have to wait for the time to expire befoe the sale posts. All cards in the stores have no time stamp so there is no way for us to know if it ended or sold. Since we are an eBay licensee you would think we could get the results from them and use it but they are flawed. So until they can improve this area of the site we are stuck.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#11 tfcs

tfcs

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured it was something out of your control.
Now I can rely that info confidently.

Have a good evening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users