5 replies to this topic

#1 ErikV

ErikV

• Silver Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

I have an iPhone and was wondering if there's any chance
VCP will become available as a phone app in the near future?

ErikV

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:29 AM

I have an iPhone and was wondering if there's any chance
VCP will become available as a phone app in the near future?

ErikV

You can access the site and fully use it on the iPhone using the browser Safari. Members have been doing it for a few years now and I do as well.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 garyharbo

garyharbo

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Life, Love, Happiness
  • Collection:Baseball Hall Of Fame Rookie Cards, just finished with with HOFers back to 1935 all excluding the 1936 goudey Dimaggio.

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

You can access the site and fully use it on the iPhone using the browser Safari. Members have been doing it for a few years now and I do as well.

Dear Bobby,

I agree, i think there is alot of additional money to be made by your company by developing an app for phones, that being said, i also use safari to open up your website and look at prices on the go, although i must say it is quite a pain to ask a dealer a price, then walk away and take the time to look up the price of the card adjusting for condition and then heading back over to tell him yes or no. I came across a new application for cards called ibaseball cards, i told of your website and gave him some tips, im not trying to step on any toes, but i think if you guys could put your heads together you could make a kick ass app and make alot of people happy and some good dough in the mean time. again sorry if im overstepping my boundaries but i think it would be awesome.

avid collector,

Gary

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

Something we plan on doing in the future right now there are some big things about to happen here on this site to give you a lot more functionality and controls. Once we get this site to were we really want it then we will put our efforts towards the phone app.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#5 mbmiller25

mbmiller25

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Something we plan on doing in the future right now there are some big things about to happen here on this site to give you a lot more functionality and controls. Once we get this site to were we really want it then we will put our efforts towards the phone app.

Bobby, Glad to hear that its not a closed issue with you guys. I too use the Iphone, and of course am sure I am armed with VCP via safari on my phone, but its not the quickest of tasks, when your trying to locate pricing and such while standing on the show floor. Would love to see an easy to use app. Have to believe if done properly, with a reasonable buy price, it would be some nice additional revenue on the top line. Can't wait to hear about these changes forthcoming.

#6 akuracy503

akuracy503

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I cannot count the amount of times i've been at a card store or show with VCP running on my iPhone in web browser format, an APP would be much faster and convenient.

Having VCP reference at a trade show is invaluable!

In my honest opinion the website here already gives a lot of functionality and I'd see more value in a phone APP subscription where future enhancements are concerned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users