20 replies to this topic

#1 HeritageAddict

HeritageAddict

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. Some of you have no doubt seen me on other boards. My current collecting interests are: Bob Gibson, and I'm working on graded Cardinals team sets 1952-present. I do a lot of custom cut auto cards as well which I'll eventually start showing off here.
[L=My Registry Sets]http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/OtherSets.aspx?m=4009[/L]

#2 mbmiller25

mbmiller25

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

I am going to step as well. My name is Matt Miller, I've gotten back into collecting about 3 years ago, after quitting when I went to college in 1992. I am a major Stan Musial collector, and also collect Roberto Clemente, Cal Ripken and Auto'd HOF RC's.

#3 BunchOBull

BunchOBull

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hello Gentlemen,

To those who don't know me, I too am a newbie to the forum, though I joined nearly 2 years ago. My name is Ross C., and I've been collecting for over two decades. The main foci of my collection include Frank Thomas, Roberto Clemente, Greg Maddux, Pete Rose, and Tim Lincecum player collections; also, I'm currently building a 1956 Topps Baseball set and a complete run of OPC baseball wax in PSA 9. I tend to buy pre-war when the mood stikes, but have no current pre-war projects.

I look forward to future hobby discussions.

#4 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

Nice to see some familiar faces here.

You guys have seen me around at a couple of other boards. A little about me...I live in Maine and collect mostly Red Sox, autographs, Milwaukee Braves and game used items.

I'm looking forward to talking cards with you guys.

#5 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

My name is Kirk. I live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama...Home of the Crimson Tide and Auburn University is about 2 hours from Tuscaloosa. I mostly collect anything of value but focus on HOF Mantle, Rose, Mays, Ryan. I got back into collecting a few years ago mostly due to the PSA board. Ive attended the last 2 Nationals and plan on going to this years. Glad to be here.....

#6 tommyuga2300

tommyuga2300

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

looks like a lot of familiar faces here. To those that don't know me, my name is Tommy and I'm from Georgia. My CU name is Corvette1340 for those that frequent that board. I collect anything vintage and use VCP more than anything. Looking forward to some good discussion.

#7 cadets68

cadets68

Grand Master

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Nice to see everyone.

Shawn
Psa Braves/Brewer Team Sets Complete
1956 Topps Milwaukee Braves 17.39%
1957 Topps Milwaukee Braves 40.00%
1958 Topps Milwaukee Braves 12.82%
1959 Topps Milwaukee Braves 25.00%
1960 Topps Milwaukee Braves 100.00%
1961 Topps Milwaukee Braves 57.14%
1962 Topps Milwaukee Braves 62.86%
1963 Topps Milwaukee Braves 34.21%
1964 Topps Milwaukee Braves 54.55%
1965 Topps Milwaukee Braves 29.03%
1971 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1972 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1973 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1974 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1975 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00% 
1976 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1977 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1978 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1979 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1980 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1981 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 96.88%
1982 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 78.13%
1983 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 78.38%
1984 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 75.56%

#8 jeffv96masters

jeffv96masters

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Very familiar faces :unsure:

Collecting interests vary but Roger Clemens, Wade Boggs, Nomar Garciaparra, Fred Lynn, Pudge Fisk, Dwight Evans, and Jim Rice generally get my attention,,,,,

Vintage I am a pure Red Sox guy but with a sweet tooth for Brooklyn Dodgers/Sandy Koufax stuff ( mother in law loves him and the team),,,,,

Familiarizing myself with VCP as I just started grading my vintage,,,,,,

Jeff
Collect Roger Clemens, Dwight Evans, Fred Lynn, Carlton Fisk, Wade Boggs, and Nomar Garciaparra (Red Sox only on Nomar),,,, always interested in low # game used, autos, or inserts,,,,

#9 mullinspw

mullinspw

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Hello fellow collectors, I'm new to the forum too and would like to say hello!

For those who do not know me from other forums, my name is Patrick Mullins and I collect mainly hockey cards, though I would like to add to my collection various canonized cards from other sports such as, '51 and '52 Mantles, Jordan RC, Larry Bird RC, etc.

I've been out of the PSA Registry for some time now but am considering beginning a 1953 Parkhurst set in at least NM condition as it is my favorite year of vintage hockey.

My favorite card is the 1979 OPC Gretzky RC -- simply a beautiful card!

Patrick

#10 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:05 AM

Hi guys,

Looks like a lot of you know me already. My name is Doug, I live on Long Island and I love to collect and talk about cardboard with pictures of men!

My collecting habits now are mainly TTM autos on cards, THE MICK, Tom Seaver and Reggie Jackson. I am also starting to collect one graded card from as many sets as I can. I do not collect much modern.

Stay Healthy!

Doug

#11 Nascar360

Nascar360

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hey Iím new to; I collect 1987 Topps UK Mini Football PSA cards and vintage NASCAR cards (1972-1986). I use PSA as my grader of choice but also use Beckett and SGC.

#12 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

I started collecting in the early 70's and remember vividly having 1000's of 1970 and 1971 Topps. My dad was from the Bronx and a big baseball guy so we had that one thing and always discussed the old timers. So I became addicted to all the pre-war HOF's. There was a card shop called ADCO I would visit every Saturday in the summers after working the week for my Dad. With $50 in hand would go there and spend all my money, T206 HOF like Cobb, Johnson, Etc where all $4.00 each. So put together a nice collection of T206, T205, 33 & 34 Goudeys, 39 & 41 Playballs along with Diamond Stars. And of course all the star players from the 50's on down like Musial, Williams, Mays, etc...ended up selling my whole collection when I was in high school because I became more interested in girls and needed the cash.

Flash forward to about 10 years ago I started collecting again to relive my youth like some many others. I acquired a lot of the cards I had when I was a kid along with completes sets of 1950-54 Bowman, 1953-59 Topps all in PSA 8's. I used the SMR guide or at least tried using there price guide in buying T206's because I wanted to build the whole set in 5's and 6's. At that time common 5's where listed at $90 and 6's $115. So I proceeded to place snipe bids for 5's at $100 and 6's at $125 for about 150 auctions and ended up not winning a single one over a 2 month time span. So then I realized that SMR was a complete joke and started tracking ended auction results and creating a database. That is how VCP was started so I ended up selling my collection again and using that money to fund the building of this site. And ended up getting rid of all my cards because I wanted to become neutral. I worked with Carlos on a couple of other sites and used his services again to build VCP and he ended up becoming my partner.

I miss collecting and really enjoyed looking through all my cards and reading what was said on the backs. But not a big deal because I really enjoy what we are doing now
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#13 arexcrooke

arexcrooke

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hey all,
My name is Arex and ive just recently gotten back into collecting cards after collecting comics for around a decade.
In real life I am a middle school teacher, football coach, and head wrestling coach at the high school level.
I have always loved Mike Schmidt and so when I got back into collecting I began working on an SGC set.
Currently I am working on a 54 Bowman set in 80-84, a 55 Topps set in 80ish, a 60 HoF set, and player registry sets of:
Mike Schmidt
Al Kaline
Eddie Mathews
Richie Ashburn
Catfish Hunter
Thurman Munson

#14 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Arex ... you have some nice sets you are working on!

#15 arexcrooke

arexcrooke

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

Arex ... you have some nice sets you are working on!

Thanks!
Im trying to retain some type of focus but it is hard. There are so many great cards out there and so little money on my side lol

#16 mbmiller25

mbmiller25

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

Thanks!
Im trying to retain some type of focus but it is hard. There are so many great cards out there and so little money on my side lol

I know the feeling very well Arex. The toughest part of this hobby is staying focused when your on a budget. I have struggled mightily myself.

#17 arexcrooke

arexcrooke

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

I know the feeling very well Arex. The toughest part of this hobby is staying focused when your on a budget. I have struggled mightily myself.

One thing that has helped me is that I am buying only SGC cards. So, since they are not as widely traded as PSA it keeps the temptation to overspend down.

#18 cassidyj

cassidyj

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hello all! I'm Wayne Johnson, I have a small card business called Cassidy J's Sportscards. I'm looking forward to working with VintageCardPrices in the future.

#19 akuracy503

akuracy503

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

Welcome Wayne,

There is a lot of good people in our network here, a lot of us were transplants from the PSA forum so PSA focused collectors here =)

Hello all! I'm Wayne Johnson, I have a small card business called Cassidy J's Sportscards. I'm looking forward to working with VintageCardPrices in the future.

#20 akuracy503

akuracy503

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

I just realized that I never introduced myself on this board.

My name is Martin i've been collecting since 2008, prior to that I collected as a kid in the 80's-90's.

My focus has been to re-capture my interest in the hobby through collecting vintage cards that I can still picture seeing as a kid.

Mid-grade high eye appeal PSA vintage is what I mostly collect.

I am currently hunting for a nice mid grade 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users