Photo

Reporting module for VCP? All of the data at our fingertips....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 akuracy503

akuracy503

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Every industry looks at numbers and trends, analyzing this information for strategic purposes.
It's all data related and the data is at our fingertips...well at least VCP has it for our hobby.

I'm throwing this out to Bobby and the VCP team, have you guys considered a reporting module or quarterly report for sales data and trending charts related to the volume of sales.

Of course there will be hundreds of different criterias (era's, years, brands, grading company, sport) and filters involved to make every patron happy but the sales data is all here for the most part.

Displayed at the home page are annual totals of sales so i'm sure VCP has some of the structure in place to track it.

This type of information would be breakthrough for our hobby from the collectors to the makers and even auction houses.

It'll put a great twist to the website that no other domain could offer.

Anyone care to append to this request, I know I would salivate over this type of summarized information.

#2 akuracy503

akuracy503

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

I'm talking about something beyond the market report feature here that gives you the hot 100 or top 25, i'm thinking end user experience, filters and criterias for personalized interests.

#3 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

I am not sure where you are heading with this but if you email me a more detailed idea of what you have in mind it is something we can look into implementing in the future. Of course we are always open to ideas. One thing we want to do is like out AMR have it for every set so once you are on a set profile page you can click on a link that will give you the full list of the set telling you which the hot cards are in that set.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#4 arexcrooke

arexcrooke

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

I am not sure where you are heading with this but if you email me a more detailed idea of what you have in mind it is something we can look into implementing in the future. Of course we are always open to ideas. One thing we want to do is like out AMR have it for every set so once you are on a set profile page you can click on a link that will give you the full list of the set telling you which the hot cards are in that set.

It sounds to me that he is asking for something like this:
Say I want to know how Duke Snider cards are trending, i can use VCP metrics to help me see what, overall, the cards are doing in certain grades or over certain year ranges

Or, if I wanted to see how a certain set was trending, I could use a set of parameters to help me the trends easier.

I hope I am interpreting what Akuracy is saying

#5 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Think that I understand but not sure...it is fairly easy to do something like that with a stock. But a lot more challenging for cards because stocks don't come in 50 different grades. There in is the problem and something we need to look into doing and possible could cause some serious processor which could really slow down the site depending on how many people are requesting at the same time.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#6 BunchOBull

BunchOBull

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

Think that I understand but not sure...it is fairly easy to do something like that with a stock. But a lot more challenging for cards because stocks don't come in 50 different grades. There in is the problem and something we need to look into doing and possible could cause some serious processor which could really slow down the site depending on how many people are requesting at the same time.

I think modules tracking 19 numerical grades and every qualifier combination would become tedious to look at, much less compile. A system in which say, 3 grades could be compared, and qualifiers could be selected on and off, would be nice. Users could select the desire grades, have a check box to exclude qualifiers, so on, and the date could be reported in more clean packets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users