7 replies to this topic

#1 Nascar360

Nascar360

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

Looking for raw or garded 1972 STP NASCAR cards!

#2 tractorfix

tractorfix

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

Looking for raw or garded 1972 STP NASCAR cards!

I have a complete set that I got at Pinecrest Speedway in Toronto in 1972. Can't believe someone else in the world even knows what they are!

#3 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

You guys may be the only two! LOL

#4 Nascar360

Nascar360

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

Would like to talk to more about your 1972 STP cards and where you found them in 1972. You can e-mail me at pinball@comporium.net or send a message to me here.

#5 tractorfix

tractorfix

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Don't remember too much about how I got them ( i was 5). The only logical explanation is that they were a handout at Pinecrest Speedway (long gone) in Toronto. It was a great 1/4 mile track. I can't think of where else I would have gotten them. It depends for how long STP was handing them out. If they gave them out in years after 1972 I could have gotten them from any number of racetracks around Southern Ontario.

Another remote possibilty is that I could have gotten them at a Usac event at Mosport. The Indy cars used to come up and race on the Road Course at Mosport. But I'm pretty sure they came from Pinecrest. It closed in 74(?) and I can remember being there more than once.

The cards are pretty special. I remember watching those guys race at Michigan in the 70's and a lot of them used to come up to Canada for Specials or promotions. I'm remember one night in the early 70's they had Bobby and Donnie Allison up to Pinecrest and that's when I probbly got them. And I'm pretty sure it was in '72. They were all driving '66 Chevelles.

I keep them in a safe place and now thanks to the internet when I want to look at them I don't even have to get them out. I just Google it. That's how I found this place.

#6 Nascar360

Nascar360

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Over 1800 views and still no has any to sell!

#7 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Over 1800 views and still no has any to sell!

Wow somebody must have their refresh button swapped with their PSA button checking on a recent sub.

#8 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Keep checking those PSA submissions! LOL

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users