9 replies to this topic

#1 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:09 AM

I've listed some things recently, just trying to downsize my collection, and have done better than expected. Most of what I have listed were autographs, with some cards thrown in, but each one has sold for more than I was expecting or hoping for.

I list my items with BIN or BO with the lowest I will take in mind. I can honestly say that every item as sold at or above what I wanted. One item even sold at the BIN without them offering a BO.

My one thought on this is the Ebay Bucks program. We got our bucks on the first of the month, people are looking to spend!

So, how are your sales going?

#2 akuracy503

akuracy503

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

I think you are on to something with the eBay bucks program, seems there is a flurry of sales at competitive prices during the release of the bucks.

#3 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Recently put up about 90 cards ... results were mixed. About 1/2 sold ... I used ~ VCP (sometimes a bit higher). Had a nice '62 Bouchee (Psa 8) sell for almost twice VCP.

I also had a '66 Frank Robinson PSA "6" which had 175 hits and NO bids!

#4 jeffv96masters

jeffv96masters

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Not too bad,,,,, sales were brisk near XMAS I am not listing much right now while peoples wallets recover but expect to go nuts next month with ST and the beginning of tax season,,,,,,

Its a constant battle to sell faster than I buy
:lol:
Collect Roger Clemens, Dwight Evans, Fred Lynn, Carlton Fisk, Wade Boggs, and Nomar Garciaparra (Red Sox only on Nomar),,,, always interested in low # game used, autos, or inserts,,,,

#5 paleocards

paleocards

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

I just sold 25 PSA 7 & PSA 8 1950s-'60s baseball HOFers on eBay (closed Sunday, Jan. 30th). I intentionally chose that weekend (after the conference championships and before the Super Bowl) and because it's at the end of the month when many people are getting paid. I was pleased with the final hammers: my aggregate total was 111.8% of the VCP average for the 25 cards.

I sell ~once/year on eBay (my last sale was January 2010) and I was unpleasantly surprised by how dramatically the eBay/PayPal cut had increased over the past year: 10.6% last year vs. 12.2% this year!

#6 mbmiller25

mbmiller25

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

I just sold 25 PSA 7 & PSA 8 1950s-'60s baseball HOFers on eBay (closed Sunday, Jan. 30th). I intentionally chose that weekend (after the conference championships and before the Super Bowl) and because it's at the end of the month when many people are getting paid. I was pleased with the final hammers: my aggregate total was 111.8% of the VCP average for the 25 cards.

I sell ~once/year on eBay (my last sale was January 2010) and I was unpleasantly surprised by how dramatically the eBay/PayPal cut had increased over the past year: 10.6% last year vs. 12.2% this year!

Andy, Welcome to the boards, I am glad your cards did well. They were high end, so I am not surprised. I have persoanlly been taking a bath on straight auctions, its a shame, I guess I will have to go the BIN/BO route when I want to sell anymore to avoid taking a beating.

#7 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

That is a pretty good return, sounds like you did well.

I've been going with the higher price BIN for a week and seeing what kind of offers I can get. Most of the time I do pretty well. But if I can't get an offer, the next week it goes up for auction starting at the smallest amount I am willing to take.

So you got the Ebay/Paypal sticker shock, huh? ;) I try not to think about it, the fees they get are crazy. So even though you got 111.8% of average VCP, good ole Ebay/Paypal took away 12.2% of that which left you with a cozy 99.6%.

I can understand wanting to make money, but 12% of each transaction? WOW, that's a lot of cash!

#8 Sidepocket

Sidepocket

Advanced Member

• Silver Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

Is the B/S/T board a viable option?

#9 nmarnell

nmarnell

• Silver Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

I am noticing the "same old story" lately with auctions: every card that I need to buy is selling at 125% VCP. But every card that I try to sell is setting new VCP lows.

Go figure.

#10 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

I am noticing the "same old story" lately with auctions: every card that I need to buy is selling at 125% VCP. But every card that I try to sell is setting new VCP lows.
Go figure.

Doesn't that ALWAYS seem to be the case? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users