13 replies to this topic

#1 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:37 AM

Has anyone dealt with this seller? He has alot of nice cards for sale.

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Has anyone dealt with this seller? He has alot of nice cards for sale.

Agreed but way overpriced and he does not offer BO's.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

Are all his cards that overpriced? Seems like some sellers really don't care if they sell their cards or not.

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:58 AM

He runs a 7 day auction every week in the Non-sport section of eBay and they are the exact same cards every time. He may get a better response if he puts them in the correct section and choose a 30 day format. He is basically trying to be like 707, yepbg and all the other overpriced sellers. It amazes me that they even make some sales at all. They are just waiting for some uneducated buyer to come along and pay $200 for a card that sells all the time for $40.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#5 arexcrooke

arexcrooke

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:33 AM

He runs a 7 day auction every week in the Non-sport section of eBay and they are the exact same cards every time. He may get a better response if he puts them in the correct section and choose a 30 day format. He is basically trying to be like 707, yepbg and all the other overpriced sellers. It amazes me that they even make some sales at all. They are just waiting for some uneducated buyer to come along and pay $200 for a card that sells all the time for $40.

The sell high and sit on inventory strategy has never really made a lot of sense to me. Obviously the caveat being high end, high demand, cards but that isnt what we are talking about here.
If a card normally sells for $40 the dealer is likely to have $10 in it. So why sit on it for a long time when you can tuen it over for $30 and put some money in your pocket and bring in more inventory for your store?
A quick dime is better than a slow quarter to me.

#6 nmarnell

nmarnell

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

The sell high and sit on inventory strategy has never really made a lot of sense to me. Obviously the caveat being high end, high demand, cards but that isnt what we are talking about here.
If a card normally sells for $40 the dealer is likely to have $10 in it. So why sit on it for a long time when you can tuen it over for $30 and put some money in your pocket and bring in more inventory for your store?
A quick dime is better than a slow quarter to me.

#7 nmarnell

nmarnell

• Limited Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

He sounds like exactly the kind of dealer that VCP will "out" for the unwashed masses!

#8 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:13 AM

He sounds like exactly the kind of dealer that VCP will "out" for the unwashed masses!

I agree...but sometimes their prices are high due to centering.

#9 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

Did you pick anything up from him?

#10 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

Not yet...TRYING...he has two cards I would like to get but we are a little apart.

#11 bobbyw8469

bobbyw8469

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Not yet...TRYING...he has two cards I would like to get but we are a little apart.

LOL!!!!! Let me guess...the offer is $50 and he is asking $500!!! Sellers like him pray on the uneducated/impatient.

#12 charleybrown

charleybrown

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

Reminds me of another seller on eBay who is listing his card at $2500 MORE than VCP pricing.

After I messaged him a reasonable offer (still $200 above VCP), he immediately rejected it, and said that VCP is not an accurate measure of value. Sigh.

#13 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Reminds me of another seller on eBay who is listing his card at $2500 MORE than VCP pricing.
After I messaged him a reasonable offer (still $200 above VCP), he immediately rejected it, and said that VCP is not an accurate measure of value. Sigh.

Some sellers are good at using VCP to their advantage only ... when their asking price is far above VCP you get the above answer ... when you offer lower than VCP they will tell you what the VCP is on the card!

#14 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Remember vcp is a very fluid medium as it changes by the minute....but it is a very good tool for buying or selling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users