8 replies to this topic

#1 aharris2860

aharris2860

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hello All -
I am new to the website and I have thousands of cards that I would like to put into my collection; however, I don't have full sets. I have partial sets spanning several years, from different brands and sports. So far I haven't found an option that doesn't require me to search by name or brand each time I want to add a card.

Is there a faster way?

I hope so because otherwise, this will be too time consuming and I will cancel my subscription. I envisioned a master checklist for each set where I could mark only the cards I had on the list and then they would be automatically added to my collection. Does this exist? If it doesn't on here, does it exist on another website?

Angela

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

Yes it does exist for sets and players...first do a set search and find the one you want>then click on "Add Set to My Collection"> here a single global add page shows up and you can enter every thing you need from that page.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 aharris2860

aharris2860

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

Thank you Bobby! This will make it much easier!

#4 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Welcome Angela ... good luck listing your cards.

#5 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

Welcome to the board Angela!

What do you collect?

#6 jefferyepayne

jefferyepayne

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

I'm new to VCP as well and have a related question. I'm trying to figure out how to categorize my cards within VCP. I'd like to set up My Collection in a hierarchy like:

Group: Pre-War Baseball
->Set: t206
->Set: t205
->Set: OJ
------->Card: Anson
------->Card: Kelly

Group: Pre-War Football
->Set: Mayo
->Set: Shotwell
->Set: National Chicle
------>Card: Nagurski
------>Card: Rockne

etc.

I figured out how to set up a group and added a set to my collection under this group but when I go to MyVCP, all of the cards under my group are just listed down the page with no way that I can see to group them underneath set headings.

Is there a way to do this in VCP?

Also, it would be nice to be able to designate whether I have a specific card or not even if it isn't graded. Why isn't there an option when you add cards to your set to mark it as "raw" with no pricing associated with it? When I'm looking at cards to purchase, I'd like to know whether I don't have the card at all or just have it in raw form so I can decide how bad I want the card.

thanks,

jeff

#7 jefferyepayne

jefferyepayne

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Bump.

Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated.

thanks,

jeff

I'm new to VCP as well and have a related question. I'm trying to figure out how to categorize my cards within VCP. I'd like to set up My Collection in a hierarchy like:

Group: Pre-War Baseball
->Set: t206
->Set: t205
->Set: OJ
------->Card: Anson
------->Card: Kelly

Group: Pre-War Football
->Set: Mayo
->Set: Shotwell
->Set: National Chicle
------>Card: Nagurski
------>Card: Rockne

etc.

I figured out how to set up a group and added a set to my collection under this group but when I go to MyVCP, all of the cards under my group are just listed down the page with no way that I can see to group them underneath set headings.

Is there a way to do this in VCP?

Also, it would be nice to be able to designate whether I have a specific card or not even if it isn't graded. Why isn't there an option when you add cards to your set to mark it as "raw" with no pricing associated with it? When I'm looking at cards to purchase, I'd like to know whether I don't have the card at all or just have it in raw form so I can decide how bad I want the card.

thanks,

jeff

#8 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

You can not create sub groups inside a group so you have to decide how you want to organize your collection. You may want to for example create multiple groups for the same set:

N172
N172-Anson
N172-Kelly

T206-Soveriegn
T206-Polar Bear

And so on, the better you can organize this section the quicker and easier it will be for you to find what you are looking for to see. When you add the cards to your MC or WL it should show up in numerical or alphabetical order depending on the set.

I always tell people to assign a grade they think the card should receive when adding RAW cards to their MC or at least add it as AUTH. You also have a notes section for every card so you can write something here and when you print our your lists it will show up as well.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#9 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

The search feature really helps on rare cards. This week I was able to find a 64 kahns Rose.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users