• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keith OLeary

Keith OLeary

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:00 AM

I often come here not only to look up the price of a particular card, but occasionally, to see what a certain card looks like. I was wondering where the scans come from and if we have a card that has no picture on the site, would management want one?

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 27 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

I often come here not only to look up the price of a particular card, but occasionally, to see what a certain card looks like. I was wondering where the scans come from and if we have a card that has no picture on the site, would management want one?

The scans come from numerous places my cards in the past, members donating them, pretty much anywhere we can get a quality image. We refuse to post poor quality images like some other sites and would rather wait for a good image. We still have 1000's of cards and images to post to the site and is a labor intensive task to get them ready and up. We would appreciate any images the members have and will gladly put a notation "Image provided by member XYZ" if you want the credit. To tell if we are missing cards check the set and if there are images posted with some missing then those are the cards we need. If you see a set with practically no images means we have some and yet to post. So in this case please "Contact us" on every page and we will tell you which cards we need. The images have taken a back seat to the last expansion adn now we are working feverishly to get caught up on our eBay watch. You might of noticed a big jump in auctions pending which is usually 4-5,000 and is now over 10,000. As soon as we get tthere we will start adding cards once again.

And thank you we are trying very hard to make the site great for every one, We hope you are enjoying the new additions to the site.

Bobby Binder
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users