5 replies to this topic

#1 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

Plan on visiting NYC in June and thought about taking some Mantles to try and sell.

#2 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

Plan on visiting NYC in June and thought about taking some Mantles to try and sell.

I would like to know the same thing as my wife and I will be there in October.The one place I found so far is Brigandi Coin Company. Just search Brigandi and you should find them. I make no claims on how good or bad they are, they are just what I found while searching.

#3 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

I saw their store in 04 when I was in NYC but it was closed..Think it was a sunday...Spoke to them once on the phone and got some neat info on Mantle....If you see one of his autos with a dash below it....that means the person getting the auto stopped and talked to him.

#4 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

I saw their store in 04 when I was in NYC but it was closed..Think it was a sunday...Spoke to them once on the phone and got some neat info on Mantle....If you see one of his autos with a dash below it....that means the person getting the auto stopped and talked to him.

Now that's a cool piece of info!

I'm gonna swing by there when I'm in the city. They have some great stuff on their website, I can't wait to see the store.

Anyone else have suggestions for NYC card shops?

#5 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

I remember buying from Brigandi coins and cards many years ago. from what I remember they were always good experiences. That was probably back in the mid-late 80s ... I believe they were SCD advertisers.

#6 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:47 AM

Yes, they were SCD advertisers.

Remember back when it was FUN to read all the ads in SCD? I would spend hours slowly looking through each
ad hoping to come across that one gem for my collection.

Dam, I miss those days. :(

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users