• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stage4mtbk

stage4mtbk

• Silver Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

New to the scanning , so please go easy! What size do you scan your pics for best results? What background do you use for best results? How do you crop so that you don't see all the extra space? Thanks for any advice.

#2 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

New to the scanning , so please go easy! What size do you scan your pics for best results? What background do you use for best results? How do you crop so that you don't see all the extra space? Thanks for any advice.

open an account with photobucket and then you can make changes to the pics..

#3 Nascar360

Nascar360

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

This is what I do:
What size do you scan your pics for best results? Size should never be more than 100%. Resolution 200 DPI. If you want to print the scan than you want 300 DPI.

What background do you use for best results? Card with white borders (Black background). Black borders I use orange or light blue.

How do you crop so that you don't see all the extra space? Use software with scanner or use Photoshop.

Hope this helps

#4 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

All good advice given so far.

The new Canon scanner my wife bought me for Christmas does a pretty good job, except for slabs. The program that came with it automatically crops out the extra area around the scan, which saves me time.

For cropping and resizing on my own, I downloaded a free program called IrfanView and use that. Very simple to use and totally free.

#5 stage4mtbk

stage4mtbk

• Silver Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for all the help and advice! I've been working on different settings etc and liking my results. I really like how the people are here to help and not bash like most other boards. Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users