• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 armyautin

armyautin

• Silver Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

I have a few full tickets for pre-1950 college football games in pretty good condition. Is it better to grade them "authentic" or have PSA assign an acutal grade to them? Im interested in everyone's thoughts from collecting and selling point of view.

#2 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

I would just have them authenticated. I don't think collectors really care unless it's a gem mint 10, they just want an authentic unaltered ticket.

I think you would be disappointed in the grading of them. I had what I thought was a super nice ticket graded and I was disappointed in the grade. I wish I just had it authenticated now.

#3 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:40 AM

The benefit of getting tickets graded is it allows you to display the ticket. You can buy a stand an put the ticket on it in a slab.

#4 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

The benefit of getting tickets graded is it allows you to display the ticket. You can buy a stand an put the ticket on it in a slab.

I do believe you can get a ticket authenticated and slabbed, I don't think it needs a grade to be in a slab. So you can get the protection and ability to display it while knowing it is authentic.

#5 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

I have my ticket from game #6 of the '86 World Series that I went to. (Mookie/Buckner) Would be nice to have it slabbed .... just that it's so damn expensive to get one item slabbed, as the shipping KILLS you.

#6 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

I have my ticket from game #6 of the '86 World Series that I went to. (Mookie/Buckner) Would be nice to have it slabbed .... just that it's so damn expensive to get one item slabbed, as the shipping KILLS you.

Maybe we can get a group ticket sub together? I have one I'd like in a slab.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users