• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 1acid

1acid

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

Hi there everyone, I am a new member here, let me maybe begin by telling you a bit about myself:

I am a 25yr old male from South Africa, I have very little experience and knowlege about american sports memrobilia except for the fact that some things are worth massive amounts.

I am looking for some assistance in identifying wether an item listed on Ebay is legit or not:

I am thinking of beggining to try collect some old cards and thought that buying sealed boxes, wax packs would be the best option for me.Since deciding this I haev discovered that sealed packs are a scammers dream and was wondering if someone would possible have a look at this sale on Ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

please let me know wat you think, wether its too expensive, too cheap or wether the are going to be resealed packs...

Thanks

Craig(sorry about my spelling)

#2 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Cant go wrong for that price...good luck and have fun

#3 cadets68

cadets68

Grand Master

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Cant go wrong for that price...good luck and have fun

Good luck
Psa Braves/Brewer Team Sets Complete
1956 Topps Milwaukee Braves 17.39%
1957 Topps Milwaukee Braves 40.00%
1958 Topps Milwaukee Braves 12.82%
1959 Topps Milwaukee Braves 25.00%
1960 Topps Milwaukee Braves 100.00%
1961 Topps Milwaukee Braves 57.14%
1962 Topps Milwaukee Braves 62.86%
1963 Topps Milwaukee Braves 34.21%
1964 Topps Milwaukee Braves 54.55%
1965 Topps Milwaukee Braves 29.03%
1971 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1972 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1973 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1974 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1975 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00% 
1976 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1977 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1978 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1979 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1980 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 100.00%
1981 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 96.88%
1982 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 78.13%
1983 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 78.38%
1984 Topps Milwaukee Brewers 75.56%

#4 1acid

1acid

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

thanks for your opinoins... Man I really enjoyed seeing what you guys were getting in the mail, wish i could afford some of those items...

#5 1acid

1acid

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

any ideas on the best way to ship meduim flat rate boxes fill with cards internationaly? USPS sais taht max is 64 ounces on Internatioal first class mail which looks like the cheapest option, i have 5 boxes, any ideas on cheap ways to get them Back to South Africa?

Thanks again

#6 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

Welcome to the board Craig! It's kinda cool to see someone from a whole other part of the world on here.

As far as shipping back to Africa, have you checked other carriers (UPS or FedEx) to see how they stack up as far as cost? I'm afraid that with any package with any sort of weight, it is gonna be expensive to ship to another country.

Now with the auction you are looking at, you are gonna get a bunch of cards in the box, but probably not much worth a whole lot. If your just looking to COLLECT cards, this would be a fun box to bust. If your looking at hopefully making money, FORGET IT, this is not the box for you.

Now I gotta ask, what sports/teams do you like? It sounds like you like busting packs, (we all do!), what else do you like to collect?

And don't worry about your spelling, your doing great!

#7 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Good luck Craig ... looks like you posted this same info on a few threads on this site. Hope you get the info you are looking for.

#8 1acid

1acid

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Yeah Im kinda sorry about the double post thing i wasnt sure where to post so thought for best measure post twice...

Thanks for the answers and replies guys i really appreciate it, so basically myself and my brother grew up here in South Africa, originally Durban, but now Cape Town, we bought and collected allot of cricket cards from when we were younger and my brother still has a few completed sets framed(somewhere, obviosly worthless) For some reason American football has always intriuiged us and i think i can remember efinately owning madden(EA Sports NFL ) 99- think it had marshall faulk on the cover, anyways fast forward a few years and weve begun to understand the rules a bit better and are semi competitive with the game. So Madden 11 has a onlne feature called Ultimate Team, basically what you are supposed to do is buy Microsot Points from a online dealer or local store and then use those to purchase packs in the game, with 5 levels of packs the cheapest beaing 1000 coins and most epensive 21000, anyways this peaked our interest as now we got to learn about the actual players in the NFL(as before i could only name 5 current players, anyways in the game there are actually some cards worth over 200$ reals cash people sell the cards for pay pal money then transfer it to the person buying it, anyways i got on a forum as i needed help completing certain in game collections.

The game is really cool, with over 90 collections to do it blew my mind learning all the nfl teams coaches players staduims kits and then actually getting to play with all the players i had collected and added to my team, the game has some massive scammers and there is a certain forum where pretty intense security measures are in place so that scammers cant acces our secure trading enviroment, allot of the cards are so rare that they get bought out within seconds of them hitting the live ingame auction block so we have certain procedures in place to make good trades, anyways maddden 12 comes out next month and i dont think it will be as much fun as it will be mostly the same players i will be collecting and im pretty sure they are going to try and attempt to stop us from being able to play with out paying actual cash in which case i will not participate so I thought it be pretty cool to open some real life packs of cards, so we went onto ebay and found that item, unfortunately im thinking its going to be all junk wax and im paying waaaay too much shipping to get junk wax all the way over here( i checked with Fed Ex and it was waaay more expensive than sending the individuale boxes via USPS priorioty international mail)but im gonna try make the best of it and hopefully get a full set done of some late 80s baseballs cards, im thinkng Barry bonds rookie topps series, anyways I have some Shaquille oneal cards that i bought when him a kobe were doing his thing but they all appear to be commons ill maybe make a scan and show u, and also found a emmit smith, barry sanders and brett farve cards that my brother got someone in the US to buy(not bad pulls smith and sanders considering how many packs he would have opened.

I suppose i Like the bears, the PAtriots and the Lakers, maybe the celtics i just dont really get any of that stuff on tv to be able to choose a best team, but at the moment Walter Payton and the bears is what im liking i jst downloaded and wacthed complete Bears history DVD, and since reading this forum and collecters iniverse im quite interested in some of your old baseball players like mantle ripken jr and koufax anyways hope i didnt bore you to death...

peace from Africa
Craig

#9 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

Craig ... glad to see that you are getting into some of the American cards. I wish you good luck. Too bad the shipping is so expensive from the USA to Africa.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)