• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1acid

1acid

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

Hi there guys I am a new member, and I am from South Africa, so basically I have very little knowlegde od this hobby but I would like to get into it.

Im not sure exactly but if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated: I was looking on Ebay and found this item

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I orderd 5x boxes of the item to South Africa,(This was 3 days ago) and since then have been doing allot of research into sealed packs and wax packs, and I have found some pretty dissapointing information regaridn resealed packs and scammers, apparently this is the easiest scam on Ebay espeacilly when dealing with ppl like myself who have no knowlegde or very limited knowledge of the industry.

Could some one please take a look at the item and the seller and please let me know wether you think it is a legitimate item or wether I am buying resealed packs, in which case I would be heart broken...

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Craig

#2 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Craig,

With a lot like this, it is HIGHLY unlikely (but not 100%) that anything was resealed. I have heard of what we call "junk wax" being resealed. But with a lot like this, I would think that the chances are pretty slim. I think your pretty safe with it.

Post some scans when they arrive, we all like looking at packs and singles!

#3 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Wow ... for a "newbie" you seemed to find a few of these boards for your post. Good Luck.

#4 toledo_mudhen

toledo_mudhen

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:1955 Topps - Unopened Old Wax - Old Sports Games

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

I would guess totally not "resealed". Good Seller (4400+ and 99.9 rating) I would be more concerned with how many cards you are going to receive. Most everything he is selling falls under the category of "Junk Wax"

#5 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

So anything new?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users