• 3 posts
  • Collection:various 1939salutation exhibit cards 7ea of 83
    various 1948(hof) 9ea of 33
    various 1948 exhibit cards 31ea of 341
    various 1962/1963/1977/1978/1984topps 49ea hof/rookies
    various 1963 post 34ea (hof)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

:huh: Hello Everyone
My name is BEA. Although a member for a yr i am new to the world of sports card collecting/trading/selling etc.I became a member due to a attic find of old baseball/football & basketball cards that my father had stashed in cigar boxes.When i found these cards i went straight to a local sports shop to get any info.They identified the cards as possible 38exhibits(shop owner had never seen these cards in person)Also have 61POST CEREAL/62POST CEREAL/VARIOUS TOPPS/BOWMAN/FLEER. From yrs 52 until present(present cards are probably for my brother)1800 total?As far as raw cards go they are in good condition due to the fact we live in the sweltering heat of LOUISIANA and when i inherited the house it was full of termites!Anywho i have researched all of these cards to see who`s who and who did what and the value of the cards(in raw form)and if we were to sell it seems logical to get all or some cards graded.I thought that people wanted rare finds to buy but all who i have talked to do not want to take a chance buying these cards.The shop i went to said they look like 4s which is a low# but should hold strong-what ever that means?I guess my question is should i take the time and money to send all(1800)cards off for grading?And what kind of price could i expect to have these cards graded?Also who do you guys&gals trust to do a good job?1more-If anyone knows anyone who buys ungraded cards i would be happy to talk w/t them.Thanks
shellbea@cox.net
bealemaire/facebook
Beatrice LeMaire

#2 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Welcome to the Board...Can you post scans? I would like to sees pics of the cards. Please email to mrmint23@hotmail.com

#3 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

You should click on the Got one for sale button and give a brief description and let them follow up with you. There are 2 companies that are very reputable and professional and you will get some bids and options on what is best for you to do.

If the card shop guy says they are mostly 4's then you have to be very careful on what you get graded and what not to grade. Because I am sure with 1800 cards you will lose some money if you grade them all.

The 2 best companies to grade are SGC and PSA and that many cards you can get a bulk rate of about $5.00 each so that adds up to about $8,000

Again let a professional handle it for you.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#4 Tedw9

Tedw9

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

You got some good advice to start with here Bea. Like Bobby said, if they are what were described as a 4, more than likely most of the cards are not worth grading, but there probably are a few which are worth the time.

Do you have scans or can you take pics with a camera? I know of lot of guys who would like to purchase a collection like this, selling raw is easy if you have good stuff.

Are you looking to move them all in one shot or are you looking to break them up and maximize your profit?

Either way, best of luck and post pics if you can!

#5 BLUEBEA71

BLUEBEA71

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

You should click on the Got one for sale button and give a brief description and let them follow up with you. There are 2 companies that are very reputable and professional and you will get some bids and options on what is best for you to do.

If the card shop guy says they are mostly 4's then you have to be very careful on what you get graded and what not to grade. Because I am sure with 1800 cards you will lose some money if you grade them all.

The 2 best companies to grade are SGC and PSA and that many cards you can get a bulk rate of about $5.00 each so that adds up to about $8,000

Again let a professional handle it for you.

Advice taken and appreciated.I figured it would be pricey so ill ck w/t the recommended graders in reguards to the big hitters:mantle-ruth-williams- wagner etc.might have a good outcome w/t these and similiar.If my computer permits ill post pics(hate computers:( after 12hrs a day)Again thanks for the advice.Have a good day
Beatrice LeMaire

#6 BLUEBEA71

BLUEBEA71

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

You got some good advice to start with here Bea. Like Bobby said, if they are what were described as a 4, more than likely most of the cards are not worth grading, but there probably are a few which are worth the time.

Do you have scans or can you take pics with a camera? I know of lot of guys who would like to purchase a collection like this, selling raw is easy if you have good stuff.

Are you looking to move them all in one shot or are you looking to break them up and maximize your profit?

Either way, best of luck and post pics if you can!

Hello sir
Great advice from Mr.Bobby.Future plans to ck on grading the big hitters.Pics coming soon.As far as selling the smartest thing to do would be in singles for more profit-but do i take the time to document allll those pics allll the info and take a chance for a sale within wks-mths?Or do i sell out my dads dreams in 1 lump sum?DECISIONS DECISIONS!!I will put a couple up on the block and see what happens then go from there.Thanks for the welcome.Keep up the good info&have a good one.
Beatrice LeMaire

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users