On here? Alot of missing cards on eBay to... :(

#2 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

What time period since the auction closed?

#3 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

New to the site..anybody know why alot of
Cards listed in online auctions are not showing
On here? Alot of missing cards on eBay to... :(

Not sure what you are referring to exactly maybe you could click on the contact us and give me a better idea of what is missing, please.

Since you are new you probable don't know how we operate and we do not just let all the items from eBay come into our site. We use their API system to collect the new listings and then make sure it all parses correct before adding it to our queue. This has to be done by employees of VCP because there are way to many variations that have to be denoted such as T206 different backs, 52 Topps low numbers with red or black backs, etc. If we did it automatically we would get 100's of errors everyday. From here it checks all our members want lists and sends out email notices when we get something that meets their collection needs. We do not do this with BIN auctions and only collect the data if one of them actually sells. Recently the past couple of weeks eBay has been doing their dump day that every collector loves and we have a list of about 50 sellers that list their cards up to 3x+ of what the card is actually worth so we ignore them and do not list it on VCP. And again if there is a person out there that is desperate enough to buy one we do pick up the sale. Keep in mind the BIN sales will come on VCP after the time set by the seller expires. I wish we could do it sooner but again because of eBay we have no other choice.

We do these things so that our members can get quality emails of item that they are looking to acquire at a realistic price not from some seller fishing for a sucker.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users