2 replies to this topic

#1 TGF_Sports

TGF_Sports

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

I suppose I should have requested the data import feature in this forum instead of the VCP Site Updates forum, so I will give this forum extra time. :D

What would be the effort to add a serial number field to the database? All of the grading companies include a S/N on each slab, and even though I have all of my PSA graded inventory in my PSA inventory, all of my SGC & GAI graded cards cannot be included. Having one place to track all of my graded cards, and having the advantage of VCP pricing would be beneficial.

Thanks,
Michael

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

When we put in a set registry we will make a S/N space for you to add it. Right now there is no competition for your sets and it is only you who can see the value so really makes no sense making you add the serial number to your MC.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 TGF_Sports

TGF_Sports

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

When we put in a set registry we will make a S/N space for you to add it. Right now there is no competition for your sets and it is only you who can see the value so really makes no sense making you add the serial number to your MC.

I am not requesting another "Set Registry". I am quite satisfied with the registry I maintain at PSA. Currently, I have a collection created for each set year. (61T, 73T, 74T, etc.) Any collection created on this site is of "Graded" cards and since this is the premise for this site, the S/N information of the "Graded" card is the only field missing when adding a card into one's collection. (I now manually add the S/N of each card in the notes field.) If your developers (Carlos) are going to create an import feature, it would be beneficial to add a S/N field in the DB, so that it could be entered as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users