• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BruceinGa

BruceinGa

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided it was time for an introduction.

I "collected" (destroyed) cards as a kid from 1960-1963 and I gave a neighbor my cards when I grew tired of them. They probably wouldn't have been worth much today as they were well played with.
Fast forward to 1988 and to past my time while I was in training in Schaumberg, Ill and Golden, Co I decided to get back into the hobby. When I was home my two sons, 12 and 16 at the time, also enjoyed the hobby.
With the glut from 1989-1992 we put up all of our cards.
About 3 weeks ago my younger son calls me to explain grading cards and how PSA 9's and 10's are fetching high prices.
Enough of that. He is now focusing on 1981 and 1983 Topps as well as his near complete 1963 Fleers. I have decide to concentrate on 1961 Topps and maybe 1960.
I've enjoyed my searches as well as the late night eBay auctions although my wife isn't.
I forgot to mention, I retired the first of the year so I need something to keep me busy (not really).
I did go to a local card show a week and enjoyed talking with a couple of dealers. I'm looking forward to the next one that I can attend.
Hi y'all from Marietta, Ga!

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Welcome back to the game....it is a lot of fun especially collecting with your sons.
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 BruceinGa

BruceinGa

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Welcome back to the game....it is a lot of fun especially collecting with your sons.

Right you are Bobby!

#4 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Bruce welcome back to the madness..lol...I live a few miles from you in Alabama..Came back to collecting about 5 years ago and really enjoy these boards..I collect mostly HOF baseball...Check out the net54 board and psa boards...Let me know if I can help...Kirk mrmint23@hotmail.com

#5 BruceinGa

BruceinGa

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Bruce welcome back to the madness..lol...I live a few miles from you in Alabama..Came back to collecting about 5 years ago and really enjoy these boards..I collect mostly HOF baseball...Check out the net54 board and psa boards...Let me know if I can help...Kirk mrmint23@hotmail.com

Thanks Kirk. I've posted on the psa and the net54 boards.

#6 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Bruce ... welcome back to the hobby. Enjoy!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users