• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 diggsjd

diggsjd

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I've been collecting bball cards for 20 yrs now (I'm sure that's not a long time for some of you but it is to me). I need to the money to pay off some doctor bills so I've decide to sell all of my cards. I've been looking for a site to create a checklist for all of my cards and get a general idea of what they are worth. I've stumbled across this site and like what I've seen so far. I just don't understand the grade of the card. I understand mint or new mint but what is PSA, SGC, GAI, BVG/BGS, and PSA-Q? Also what is the numbers under those grades?

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

PSA, SGC, GAI & BVG are third party grading companies that people send their cards

to for grading. The numerical grade they assign denotes the condition of the card with

lower numbers being less quality and higher numbers being better. So when you look

at our price grid you will see for example PSA 5 and there may be 3 numbers. This is 

the value with the top being the high price, middle is the average and the bottom is 

the low value.

Hope this helps...

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 diggsjd

diggsjd

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Thank you. It helps a lot.

#4 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

Welcome to the board and feel free to email me for any help. mrmint23 @ Hotmail.com

#5 trobet

trobet

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

PSA, SGC, GAI & BVG are third party grading companies that people send their cards

to for grading. The numerical grade they assign denotes the condition of the card with

lower numbers being less quality and higher numbers being better. So when you look

at our price grid you will see for example PSA 5 and there may be 3 numbers. This is 

the value with the top being the high price, middle is the average and the bottom is 

the low value.

Hope this helps...

So you actually send your cards out to be graded?  I've got about 300,000 my husband just bought and I'm trying to go through and put them in some kind of order and inventroy them.  What a daunting task that is!  I don't particularly like baseball...but I am addicted to these cards!  I have no idea why. Would like to eventually sell them.  Any pointers?

#6 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

take pics and post on this board. Also you can research values on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users