3 replies to this topic

#1 dentarg

dentarg

• Silver Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hello,

I have been noticing that some of the cards in my "Want List" are not appearing in the Live Listings even though there are cards that should be listed.  One example is the card 19 from the 1966 Superman set which is listed in my want list, but does not show any pending auctions are found even though the card can be found on eBay at the URL below:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec2457539

Another example would be card 57 from the the 1964 "The Munsters" set where the URL below is not appearing in the Live Listing even though the card is listed in the Want List.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Thanks,

Marty

#2 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi Marty,

The links to the listings you provided are Buy It Now store listings. We do not process those into our system until after they have successfully sold because of the high volume of BIN items. We did try putting them into our system in the past but stopped because it was an overwhelming amount of BINs. You'll see regular auctions in your Want List because we have processed them into our system before they have sold and of course they will post into our pricing after successful sale only.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Carlos

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

#3 dentarg

dentarg

• Silver Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Carlos,

Yes that helps for the first listing, but doesn't for the second listing as that is a regular eBay auction.  Could you check on this item from the the 1964 "The Munsters" set where the card is not appearing in the Live Listing even though the card is listed in the Want List.  The URL for the Munster's card is:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Thanks,

Marty

#4 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hey Marty,

You're right the second one is a regular auction. It's possible the listing would have made it into our system closer to the end_time of the item. There are some items that are missed from time to time. Sometimes eBay's API times out which results in some listings that slip through the cracks even though we have tried our best to program in work-arounds. Either way we will spend time looking into why this one was missed.

I have gone ahead and added the second listing into our system manually so you should see it in your Want List. Thanks for taking the time to report this.

Sincerely,

Carlos

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users