• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lisamarie

lisamarie

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

I am just brand new to this, a friend of mine owns a pawn shop and over the years people come in and pawn boxes of sports cards. Well most never come back to pick them up. Years later the back room is way overcrowded with tons of cards, my friend calls me and says help please. So here I am with a ton of cards and I have no idea where to start. Should I research everyone? Should I scan through them and just look for big names? Or just rookie's? Should I just sell as a lot? I just don't know where to begin. I am not a sports fan so I only know the big names from just hearing them, that's about it. I don't want to miss out on that big card that's worth a fortune either . Our deal is 50/50 so it would be nice to find that one...lol..Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think your first step is to get a handle on the situation and figure out what years are in this collection. Obviously the older the better

then all the cards have value. By older I mean pre 80's, because once you get into the 90's the cards are so mass produced that 

they are almost worthless. So if they are newer then you just want to pick out the star cards and there are some limited produced 

sets that do have some value. Then with the rest of the collection donate it to a boys and girls club or something. I hope you have

mostly older cards it will make your life a lot easier.

Good luck

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users