1 reply to this topic

#1 cbjron56

cbjron56

• Silver Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hello everyone

I've been a member since last summer and I've been using the site to get my collection organized. I have almost 20,000 cards with about a third or so of the vintage variety, including baseball, football, hockey and basketball.

I've loved getting the daily alerts letting me know what comparable cards have sold for. I'm not sure what this will lead to, but it's certainly restarted my interest in the hobby.

At minimum, I wanted to get a handle on what I owned and what it's worth. I don't think I could ever put the collection up for sale, but it's nice to start having a better idea of what i have. So far I've entered nearly 12,000 cards.

Beyond that, I have hundreds of magazines, programs, scorecards, ticket stubs, etc., starting from the late '50s. That's the next project.

Some things that stand out in the collection are my '49 Bowmans, including Robinson, Musial and Feller, Rose rookie and multiple Mantle, Mays and Aaron cards.

Funny thing is, I always say I'm not really a collector. This is all stuff I've bought through the years and never threw away. I'm not sure I've ever bought much of anything as a collector, like a specific card.

This might be changing, though. I'm starting to develop interest in completing the '68 and '69 topps football sets, as well as the '71 topps basketball set.

Finding the site has been terrific. Look forward to hearing from others.

#2 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Welcome to the board. Post up some pics of the cards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users