Frank Thomas Whitesox PSA Set Registry Graded Athletics Blue Jays

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Engro

Engro

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I collect Frank Thomas PSA graded cards for my various sets on the PSA Set Registry and PSA graded and raw 1940 R145 Superman cards. I have a very large collection, and I'm always looking to trade/buy.
  • Collection:http://goo.gl/i3jja

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, so I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. My favorite player is and always will be Frank Thomas, and he is the only player that I respect, and as such, "collect." "The Big Hurt" has always been a class-act, and make no mistake: he is one of the greatest to ever play the game and a sure-thing, first ballot HOF'er.

Although I left the hobby for many years, after the tragic death of my amazing wife I have come to realize what is important in life, and such, I have decided to return to my childhood passion. Graded cards weren't around when I was formerly collecting, so I have only begun to amass the cards listed on the Registry since January of 2013. That being said, I need your help! I am looking to buy or trade for Frank Thomas PSA 10's that I don't currently own, so please send me an email if you have any cards that I may need and are willing to make a deal. Whole collections are welcome! Thanks for looking reading this, and I look forward to connecting.

Best,

Steve

"Engro"

View my Frank Thomas Master Set: http://goo.gl/i3jja

#2 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Welcome to the boards...except for attending Auburn University.....Frank Thomas was an awesome player....Roll Tide

#3 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

How are you doing with your search?

#4 Engro

Engro

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I collect Frank Thomas PSA graded cards for my various sets on the PSA Set Registry and PSA graded and raw 1940 R145 Superman cards. I have a very large collection, and I'm always looking to trade/buy.
  • Collection:http://goo.gl/i3jja

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Thank you, MrMint23 and Dboneesq. So far, I'm doing well. I'm up to 35% of the PSA Frank Thomas Master Set with all 778 Gem Mint 10's. I was lucky enough to just purchase a raw NNOF, although I don't think it will be Gem Mint. Regardless, I'm glad to have it.

Always looking to buy/trade for PSA Mint 10's I don't have. If you have any, please contact me.

Best,

Engro

#5 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi Steve,

Welcome and I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. I'm glad that you have a refreshed perspective in life :)

Thanks for joining the site and I hope you enjoy it!

Carlos

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

#6 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I got to speak to Frank for a moment at the National...very BIG and pleasant man.

#7 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

778 PSA "10s"!  Wow, that's a great collection right there!

#8 mrmint23

mrmint23

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

778 that is a huge accomplishment

#9 Dboneesq

Dboneesq

Master Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I like those '40 Superman.  BTW ... is there an easy way to distinguish the reprints from the originals?

#10 tsalem

tsalem

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Just listed 1990 O-PEE-CHEE Frank Thomas PSA 10 on my website opcbaseball.com

#11 Fredro619

Fredro619

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, so I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. My favorite player is and always will be Frank Thomas, and he is the only player that I respect, and as such, "collect." "The Big Hurt" has always been a class-act, and make no mistake: he is one of the greatest to ever play the game and a sure-thing, first ballot HOF'er.

Although I left the hobby for many years, after the tragic death of my amazing wife I have come to realize what is important in life, and such, I have decided to return to my childhood passion. Graded cards weren't around when I was formerly collecting, so I have only begun to amass the cards listed on the Registry since January of 2013. That being said, I need your help! I am looking to buy or trade for Frank Thomas PSA 10's that I don't currently own, so please send me an email if you have any cards that I may need and are willing to make a deal. Whole collections are welcome! Thanks for looking reading this, and I look forward to connecting.

Best,

Steve
"Engro"
View my Frank Thomas Master Set: http://goo.gl/i3jja

#12 Fredro619

Fredro619

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Hello Engro,

I have a collection of Frank Thomas cards that I collected while I was a kid. I too am a huge fan! And happy to see he made the HOF! Although I do not have near as many cards as you do, if I have any that you need I would be more than happy to help. I would love to see my cards go to someone who would cherish them as much as I did. I planned on giving them to my son, but I never had a son, instead I was blessed with a beautiful baby girl. (Who am I sure will not want old baseball cards for her sweet 16) any way, If interested let me know! :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Frank Thomas, Whitesox, PSA, Set Registry, Graded, Athletics, Blue Jays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users