No replies to this topic

#1 Mdmtx

Mdmtx

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site, but have been a collector since 1974. Had a store (Kansas City) sold all inventory in 1987 (Darn stock market!!!) Have collected on and off for the past few years. Two of my children are now grown leaving a few more dollars in the coffers to spend on essentials such as Goudey Indians, Pre 75 football and some other areas of interest. My collection is unlike most of the intent of this site as 99% of my collection is ungraded. I prefer to buy cards that way rather than pay the premium for graded cards. However, that doesn't mean I won't purchase graded, just would rather not. 

I also prefer to buy cards in lots. Duplicates are fine. I am not overtly condition sensitive and if the majority of my collection were graded, they would fall into the range of a 4 to an 8. With the mass being a 6 or so. Obviously the newer, generally speaking the better condition. I am seeking 60's Fleer football, 60's Phila football, Topps football to 1975, Bowman Football, 1951 Ringside, 48 Leaf boxing, Look and See's, Red Menace, Sky Birds, Sea Raiders, Goudey Indians, 33 goudey Sport Kings, N162's, 56 Adventure Boxers, 1938 Horrors of War, 57-58 Basketball, 61-62 Basketball, 69-70 & 70-71 Basketball. There are others that I collect as well. The Non sports i try to build sets and trade or sell the duplicates and currently have very few non sport dupes. Unless some REALLY LOW GRADE wild west or Goudey Indians are on your want list. The Football, Boxing and Basketball I just stack up in neat piles and boxes with intentions of looking at them someday!!! In football I have sets or near sets of 56, 58, 60, 63, 65, 68 - 75, all Jim Brown's (multiples) all Unitas' (Multiples) etc... I don't have any of the Kahns or other regional issues - Not that I wouldn't like them, just never been in a group I have purchased in the past few years. 

Please understand, I don't pay retail price, nor do I try to rob someone of their collections. I don't cherry pick the stars and high grade to leave nothing but the dregs. I buy in bulk the things that are not great fits in others collections. If you have something you think I may be interested in, please send me a message. 

Thanks for reading my post!

Mark Medlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users