5 replies to this topic

#1 dbubnoski

dbubnoski

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

Hi,

I just rejoined the site after being away for a few years.  I found the site very useful while I was actively set building and am happy to see the work I did on the site a few years ago was well preserved and still of great use and value to me.

I have a baseball card set that I listed in My Collection a few years ago.  I am trying to determine its valuation based on current market conditions.

When I use last price paid and check the cards in the set, that seems to be working well.  The value of the card in each card summary within the set list matches the last price paid in the detailed view of the card which shows past auctions listed in reverse chronological order.

However, when I use average price, the value in each summary of the card does not match the average price shown in the detail of the card.  Some values in the summary card view with in the set list are substantially different from the average price shown in the detail view.  So, the total valuation for the set is quite erroneous, unless I am missing something like an additional setting.  Would appreciate any help you can give here.

It would also be good to know how the average price of the card is determined.  With the graph of prices, you can change the displayed range of prices over time (3m, 6m, 1yr, etc).  The displayed average price of the card would change if it followed the prescribed date range, but it doesn't.  So, the question is over what timeframe is the average price that is displayed computed?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

#2 dbubnoski

dbubnoski

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Hi,

Magically, today, this set based on average price problem went away. Possibly a database refresh/synchronization with my set entered a long time ago happened overnight!?!

I would still like to know the timeframe and/or dataset over which the average price is calculated.

Thanks,
Dave

#3 bobbyvcp1

bobbyvcp1

Advanced Member

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

Dave,

In active sets do not get updated on the site a way to reduce the computer load. So when you joined again

and checked it out then the next night it adjusted it.

Time frame for average is based off the calendar year sales. If there are no sales within the past year then

the last sales price will be the average price.

Averages are based on how many sales in the past year. If there are more then 5 the high and low are taken

out and the 3 remaining will be averaged. Then if more sales then the highs and lows increase in not being

in the average.

Hope this helps

#4 dbubnoski

dbubnoski

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:39 PM

Great!  Thanks for the prompt reply and the information.

#5 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

Great answer

#6 jwilson6204

jwilson6204

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

I just rejoined as well and had the same question with the average prices not working for my collections.  Guess I'll check back tomorrow after they refresh.  Answer was helpful!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pricing

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users