Photo

Set addition problem, or undocumented feature?

3 replies to this topic

#1 TGF_Sports

TGF_Sports

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:19 AM

When I search to add an entire set to either my want list or my collection, if I have previously added the set to my collection or want list, I cannot add the entire set again.

The details:
I have a complete set of 1973 Topps baseball in PSA graded, which I have added to my collections. I have a number (~400) of additional 1973 Topps baseball PSA graded cards that I want to inventory and track, that are lower grades to my main set. If I search and navigate to the 1973 Topps baseball set, I can select and add the cards one-at-a-time to my second collection.
Posted Image

If I select the options "ADD SET TO MY WANTLIST", or "ADD SET TO MY COLLECTION", only the cards that I have previously NOT added in a collection or wantlist are shown as available.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is frustrating if I want to track multiple grades or companies of the same card in a wantlist, or to add multiple cards at the same time to my additional inventory collection.

Thanks,
Michael

#2 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

Hi Michael,

You are correct, the system only allows you to keep 1 instance of any card in your collections. We designed it this way to keep folks from entering duplicates into their inventory. However you do make a strong case so we will figure out a way to make it work in both cases. We will contact you when the changes are made.

Thank you very much for your input.

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

#3 Carlos

Carlos

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:47 AM

Hello again Michael,

You may now enter duplicate instances of the same cards to your Want List and in My Collection.

Thanks for your great feedback.

Carlos Cespedes
Online Sports Card Price Guide
VintageCardPrices.com

#4 TGF_Sports

TGF_Sports

Advanced Member

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:59 AM

Hello again Michael,

You may now enter duplicate instances of the same cards to your Want List and in My Collection.

Thanks for your great feedback.

Carlos,

Actually, I have been adding duplicate instances of the same cards into my sets since I reported the issue. However, it has been a manual process of searching for the card, and adding the card to my set. Now I can review and modify the entire set list, and selectively add cards into my existing sets.

Thanks for the feature! :D

Michael

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users