• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 airstream56

airstream56

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

This is a great site - kudos! I've just joined but I'm hooked already. As if I needed another excuse to buy more graded cards...:)

I've got one question/recommendation: Instead of using only the last auction sale as the lone "value" for a particular card, why not take the average of the previous 25 (or how many ever) auctions? With the fluctuations in eBay prices from day to day due to bidding wars, etc. an average would be a much more accurate measure...just a suggestion.

Thanks!

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Master Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Being with my girls.
  • Collection:Was a heavy Pre-war collector, mostly Hall of Famers type cards.

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

I've got one question/recommendation: Instead of using only the last auction sale as the lone "value" for a particular card, why not take the average of the previous 25 (or how many ever) auctions? With the fluctuations in eBay prices from day to day due to bidding wars, etc. an average would be a much more accurate measure...just a suggestion.

Thanks!

That is something we have thought about and it would not do justice to most cards and only the few that sell all the time. Most rare cards and very high grades sell every few months or once a year, then we would be averaging a card that should not be done. That is why we provide the last 25 sales for every card by grade and grader. With a few simple clicks you can figure a good price to place your bid. We loook at this like the stock market and a cards value is the last sale not an average over time.

We are looking into being able to do some user preferences where you will be able to set this in a new graph system that will be in place shortly,

Hope this clarifies some things,

Bobby
Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 airstream56

airstream56

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:36 AM

That is something we have thought about and it would not do justice to most cards and only the few that sell all the time. Most rare cards and very high grades sell every few months or once a year, then we would be averaging a card that should not be done. That is why we provide the last 25 sales for every card by grade and grader. With a few simple clicks you can figure a good price to place your bid. We loook at this like the stock market and a cards value is the last sale not an average over time.

We are looking into being able to do some user preferences where you will be able to set this in a new graph system that will be in place shortly,

Hope this clarifies some things,

Bobby

Yes, understood. I think the graph is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing it!
Thanks,
Rob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users