• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CMHoughton

CMHoughton

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

I have well over 5,000 cards that were my late fathers that are in excellent condition. Where do I even begin? Do I just sell them in bulk? How do I not get taken advantage of? The years range from late 70s to early 90s. There is everything from MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, Country Music Artists, Jurassic Park Movie, etc.

Thank you for any advice or direction you can give.

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Grand Master

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

It all comes down to putting in the time to do your research and figure out what is worth what. Some

cards need to get graded but you have to be careful that they are even worth paying the fees to get

graded. This comes down to having a good grasp on what the grade will be....a card in a 10 might 

be worth $100 but if it comes back a 9 may only be $10. So with grading fees being $20 a card you

are already in the hole. Grading is great but can be a gamble sometimes

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 CMHoughton

CMHoughton

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 07:10 PM

Is there anywhere honest enough to give me a fair price for the whole lot?

#4 Bobby

Bobby

Grand Master

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

You can  click on GOT ONE FOR SALE here and that department can assess your

collection and make an offer if it is something they want. You will get a very fair

price...keep in mind whoever you do sell it to they have to put in the time and 

money in order to make money as well.

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#5 CMHoughton

CMHoughton

• Limited Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:58 PM

If I’ve already noticed more than 15+ on the top 100 and that’s just in baseball and the names I know, maybe I should go off of that chart and send those in to be graded (if that’s what you call it) and go from there? I’m just trying to make the best possible decision for me. I’m disabled, on an ok income and recently broke my back in two places. So if this isn’t too difficult and people actually buy the cards it could be worth it, but i can’t afford to put the money in to it if they are not going to sell and it looks like you only get top dollar if they are graded even if they are in mint condition? My father kept his extremely well taken care of. I’ve had them the last ten years or so. I guess my main question is will they sell if I put the time and money in to them?

#6 mrmint23

mrmint23

Grand Master

• Limited Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:49 AM

Dont grade until you truly understand the scale. A lot of 5's look like 10's with small wrinkles. Post pictures of the cards and we can help. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, CountryMusic, Pricing, Selling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users