• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wsaar

wsaar

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

My father and I recently started a company selling sports memorabilia (primarily graded vintage cards) and joined VCP on the advice of many colleagues as somewhat of a guide for purposes of pricing.  We primarily sell products using Facebook groups/Ebay/etc....  I think most of our clients/buyers have been happy with our services and our prices.  We typically use the VCP averages and make note of trends.  Unfortunately, we have also had interested parties inform us that by using VCP, we are 'behind the times'.  They tell us to only use Ebay comps and recent sales.  I am confused... isn't that what VCP tells us??  As a business, logic tells me NOT to base my prices on just the last week's sales, but rather look at the BIG Picture (maybe 3-6 months of sales) and use averages.  This would help avoid the looking at just overinflated sale or bargain bottom price someone paid last week.  My main question is this - are we approaching this wrong???  Any constructive help would be much appreciated.

WES

#2 Bobby

Bobby

Grand Master

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

You are doing it right and don't listen to those naysayers. Not sure what you are selling but if it is 1989 and older VCP is on top of 

the current eBay sales within minutes of ending in a regular auction. The new stuff takes longer to post. 

Bobby Binder
VintageCardPrices

#3 RTN80sBubble

RTN80sBubble

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:34 AM

I use COMC to buy and sell, but it’s also a great place to get a ballpark idea of value. Whatever type of cards you have, someone is selling it there, you can quickly and easily look up asking prices. But I agree, for the best completed sales data, nothing beats VCP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users